Is auto updates updating the bouquets or the plugin aw ?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,115 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• Hi, I have AB installed and setup to auto updates set to daily.

Every time I check after the update have finished .. It added a whole new set of bouquet folders , seems like duplicates of the original. ... Why is this happening ?

I still can't figure out the custom sort files
    Can someone give an explain atom of what these do and how the are used by the plugin ?

Auto bouquet.csv ... Where does this come into the picture ?

Many thanks

• Official Post

What do you mean by this? The plugin has a feature to run automatically and update bouquets.

Every time I check after the update have finished .. It added a whole new set of bouquet folders , seems like duplicates of the original. ... Why is this happening ?

AB 28.2 only updates the bouquets it makes. It does not touch any other bouquets. Are you sure youa re not mixing up with another set of bouquets? I have run three automated updates to check your reporrted issue. Ther were no duplicates if teh bouquets AB 28.2 makes

I still can't figure out the custom sort files
    Can someone give an explain atom of what these do and how the are used by the plugin ?

You should have asked your question in the existing thread of yours.

These tell the plugin in what order to make the contents of the bouquets it makes. You should only concern yourself with sort 3. Read the file with a linux compatible editor like notepad++ and it should make sense. They are just channel numbers prefixed with the bouquet number.

For example, if in the entertainment bouquet you wanted

sky sports 1
    bbc news hd
    colors

your sort file would be like this

1=402
    1=570
    1=821

Auto bouquet.csv ... Where does this come into the picture ?

It is for reference purposes and produced at end of process. Channel numbers and for other values you can use for hacks. Best not to delve into that at this stage. You do not need to concern yourself with this file; The plugin will keep recreating it after each run.

• ok, I think i understand the layout of the sort file .. I have amended the sort3 file for my preferences ... but surely this does not get recreated with very rescan ?...
    Also if the custom3 allows you to set you own channel listings and order .. what is the purpose of the custom_swap file ?..

for my own curiosity - what does the custom sot 1 and custom 2 file represent .. i've viewed them and am trying to figure out how the listings and order of channels is reflected in the bouquets.

take for example - if there is only one 'entertainment' bouquet surely there can only be one sort file that references that .. so what does the sort 2 file reference ?

I appreciate your help with this

• Official Post

When the plugin was made, the HD channels were working on E2 receivers. The custom swap file was intended primarily to swap SD channels for their HD versions. If you lok at the file yu will see what swaps will take place. eg 141 (BBC 1 HD) for 101 (BBC 1 SD). If yo will be manipulating order of chanenls, best to leave it as disabled.

The sort 1 and 2 files were preset to using a layout like the radio times if I remember correctly. They have not been touched for a long time. Pretty sure they were based on the HD numbering system and also before the two reshuffles we have had since.

Each bouquet taht you can alter has a number. If you look at the the sort files, you will see the rest of the bouquet numbers and order they are in. The sort 3 is currently set to be similar to Rat's bouquets. The International bouquet has a few chanenls at the top with rest in alphabetical order. Customise it as you like.

You are using two plugins. In your screen shot, one set of bouquets is made by AutoBouquets 28.2 ( AB 28.2), the other is made by AutoBouquetsMaker (ABM). ABM has more options and does more providers.

• Ooh..... ABM plugin.....Ok thanks, that might explain a lot of the confusion,I can't see the ABM in the plugins ...
    When I chick the remote plugin button ... It only shows me the AB plugin, how can I see where the ABM plugin is and how do I uninstall it ?
    Thanks?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!