Constant green screen crash/bootloop crash

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,063 times. The last Post () by pdogg.

• Hi,

Relative noob here, succesfully setup and have been using thr VU box for a couple of months, however, a couple of days ago I got a green screen crash on boot up which just seems to cycle, meaning the box cant fully boot. I have reflashed the box a couple of times with different images (VIx and Blackhole latest versions) but it seems to come back eventually. The green screen has writing on it as below:

We are really sorry. Your STV encountered a software problem and needs to be restarted.
    Your STB restarts in 10 seconds!
    Component: enigma2

EXCEPTION IN PYTHON STARTUP CODE
    ................................................................................
    Traceback (most recent call list)
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 591, in <module>
    runScreenTEst()
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 445, in runScreenTEst
    plugins.readPluginList(resolveFilename(SCOPE_PLUGINS))
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Componenets/PluginComponent.py", line 103, in readPluginList
    self addPlugin(p)
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Componenets/PluginComponent.py", line 30, in addPlugin
    plugin(reason=0)
    File "usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/BlackHoleApi/plugin.py", line 46, in autostart
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/unix.py", line 124, in startListening
    raise CannotListenErroe, (None, self.port,le)
    CAnnotListenError: Couldnt listen on any.tmp.Bhapi.socket:[Errno2]No such file or directory.
    .........................................................................................
    (exit code 5)

Any ideas whats gone or going wrong? Thanks

Andy

• Hi, I added TSPANEL and an Autobouquets plug in. The same as I had been using for the past 2 months

- - - Updated - - -

What plugins do you have installed (if any) TS Panel??
    Do you have a hard drive? If so, can you look for a crashlog in /media/hdd and post?

I have a USB drive but have since formatted it to allow for new image flash

• Did you create a swap file? this will help when you start to install plugins etc.... and try our Linuxsat Support addons panel as opposed to TS panel next time after a reflash...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• No I haven't created a swap file. What is the purpose of it and How do I go about doing that? Like I said I'm a noob and still finding my way

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

• No I haven't created a swap file. What is the purpose of it and How do I go about doing that? Like I said I'm a noob and still finding my way

swapfile is a possible solution although I prefer the more recent pluginskinmover,
    basically what they do is "extend" your flash drive onto a USB stick so you can add as many plugins as you wish..
    it also helps if you keep your EPG updated to the USB too..

[DOWNLOAD] PluginSkinMover
    [How-To] Plugin/Skin Mover Guide

A swapfile is like a windows pagefile (virtual memory.) Basically, it extends the amount of memory (RAM) for your system by "swapping" programs/code that aren't currently being used to the "swapfile" to free up memory. When you use the program/code, it "swaps" it back into real memory so it can be used. This is all done automatically in the background for you.
    Sorry, I am not sure with those images how to create/add a swapfile - but I am sure there are instructions on this board somewhere for it...

The plugin cazuela recommends helps to "extend" the amount of storage (flash memory) your box has by moving somethings to a usb flash drive (or hard drive?)

So it depends what vu box you have and whether you are running out of RAM or flash storage...
    (or it may just be the flakey TS panel plugin causing problems...)

• A swapfile is like a windows pagefile (virtual memory.) Basically, it extends the amount of memory (RAM) for your system by "swapping" programs/code that aren't currently being used to the "swapfile" to free up memory. When you use the program/code, it "swaps" it back into real memory so it can be used. This is all done automatically in the background for you.
    Sorry, I am not sure with those images how to create/add a swapfile - but I am sure there are instructions on this board somewhere for it...

The plugin cazuela recommends helps to "extend" the amount of storage (flash memory) your box has by moving somethings to a usb flash drive (or hard drive?)

So it depends what vu box you have and whether you are running out of RAM or flash storage...
    (or it may just be the flakey TS panel plugin causing problems...)

Hi, I think it is the TSpanel causing issues. I have reflashed with a fresh BH image and left TSpanel out of the equation this time. So far so good with no crashes.

Thanks for all the replies

• Hi, me again. Box was fine for a week but it has now reverted back to the boot loop crashing/constant green screen. The only non default plugins I have are CCCAM 2.3.0 and autobouquets E2 for 28.2. Ive attached the crash log. Can one of the blackhole gurus please have a look and tell me whats going on and if I can fix it.

Thanks! Andy

VU+ ZERO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!