Amiko A3 vs WeTek Play vs Other

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,085 times. The last Post () by kadel.

• Hello all,

A few months back I brought a OpenBox V8 with a CCcam setup. It's was great for my first experience into the world of Satellite TV but now I want more...
    I started to get frustrated when switching between the OpenBox and my HTPC (for Plex/Netflix) and the interface for the Openbox started to get to me and also loved the idea of having Android TV setup.

That's when I came across the Amiko A3 & WeTek Play here on this forum, I'm guessing these are the 2 major players in this category of Android TV + Satellite receiver.
    Would someone be able to recommend one over the other, or some other brand?

Also will they work in-conjunction with the CCcam that my m8 gave me for my OpenBox?

Any info on the above will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ca-ke

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't wait - ended up buying a WeTek Play - dvb: wetek play with dvb-s2 tuner (satellite)

:D

• Hi Caked
    I have the wetek play and with enigma2 on it and kodi it is not too bad though the software is very beta at the moment. The standard Wetek software (1.15) is not that good in my opinion as it is based on Android and the TV experience is pretty awful. The cccam sharing will work on the Wetek with enigma and I gather others have got it working on android with ostools though it is not an easy thing to do.

• i i Bought my wetek box in october, the standard android wetek software with the wetek theatre is awful. i loaded openelec 6 on micro Sd, which im currently using and its a lot better than the android side.
    I will load PBnigma today and try that out

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!