Newbie with ET9500 needs HELP

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,348 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• as the title says, let me explain

1. I live in spain and had a Furguson 103e but the EPG was abismal and I was told to get this ET 9500.

Is there a channel editor with which I can move channels around on this box???

2. How can I Cline with it there are no where to put my settings, do I need a plugin or something?

the box is flashed with OpenVix
    if there is any other info you need from me please ask but be gentle...

• Dreambox edit or dreamset will edit your bouquets (channel lists).
    Dreambox edit:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=28&page=4
    Dreamset:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=171&page=2
    Dreambox edit tutorial:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=86
    Dreamset tutorial:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=45696
    Have you tried using the "autobouquets" plugin on your image (menu-setup-service searching-autobouquets)?
    It is a very easy plugin to set up for your desired satellite packages
    A tutorial (first draft by pheonix) can be found here

- - - Updated - - -

Alternatively you can upload a ready made motor list from catseye/vhannibal/malimali etc.
    They can be found here (use dreambox edit or dreamset to load them onto your receiver):

• Thank you for your detailed reply, but to be honest you are talking spanish to me, I have absolutely no idea how I get an 'autoboquets' plugin on 'my image', is there an idiots guide to all this? how do you 'upload' a plugin and where do you get them from??...
    What about Cline, do I need a 'plugin' for that too??

• Firstly you need a small amount of knowledge of how a linux system works for instance tranferring files using FTP thats file transfer protocol once you understand that things become easier.
    You will need to upload a channel list as codar explains using DBE dreambox edit so your first job will be to download DREAMBOX EDIT AND UNRar it on your computer another programme you will need to download and install is DCC or known as dreambox control center once you have these programmes on your computer get back to us for help
    C.LINE is controlled by a softcam this can be installed via your image (depending on image) or by downloading linuxsat support addon THIS IS PROBABLY THE MOST USEFULL ADDON YOU WILL NEED

Helping others is always a better feeling than helping yourself

• Firstly you need a small amount of knowledge of how a linux system works for instance tranferring files using FTP thats file transfer protocol once you understand that things become easier.
    You will need to upload a channel list as codar explains using DBE dreambox edit so your first job will be to download DREAMBOX EDIT AND UNRar it on your computer another programme you will need to download and install is DCC or known as dreambox control center once you have these programmes on your computer get back to us for help
    C.LINE is controlled by a softcam this can be installed via your image (depending on image) or by downloading linuxsat support addon THIS IS PROBABLY THE MOST USEFULL ADDON YOU WILL NEED

Once again, many thanks for the reply and of course your patience.

This is my setup
    XT9500 with OpenVx image?
    I know how to use FTP
    I have DCC installed on my PC and also DreamBox Edit.
    I think the channel editor side of things I can manage, fingers crossed, but the Cline or plugin's Im lost with, I have a 'Gift' and want to be able to use those channels but I do need a sort of idiot guide in doing it.

• Ok the "autobouquets" plugin is already installed in the image that you have on your xtrend receiver..... codar has given you a link in post #2 of how to configure it.....

You need to install a cam from the feeds in the image, press menu/plugins/ green button download plugins / then select softcams..... CCcam 2.3.0 will do you, install this by highlighting it and pressing ok on the remote (restart your box).

Job done!

As your using a "gift" which is just another name for a payserver this is where the support stops bud..... please read the forum rules for your own sake.

This thread is now closed.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!