Black Hole 3.0 Vu+ Solo 4K UK Ready Backup By master G help

There are 31 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,875 times. The last Post () by moosic.

• I'm confused if I'm actually getting this working correctly. I have put the file onto my USB, turned off and on, updated, rebooted but still the same splash screen, no channels etc. Can anyone help, i've had this box five days now and I still can't watch anything!

• I'm confused if I'm actually getting this working correctly.

I have put the file onto my USB, turned off and on, updated, rebooted but still the same splash screen, no channels etc. I've watched the videos and the front of the VU said updating / rebooting.

Can anyone help, i've had this box five days now and I still can't watch anything!

Looking at my box info it states the build of the firmware is 2015--11-05-master

Is there something I'm missing here?

Edited once, last by moosic ().

• Hi Master G, I sucessfully flashed the original Black Hole 3 onto it yesterday.

Today I am trying your backup image, however when it reboots it shows exactly the same screens as the original Black Hole i flashed in the beginning.

• Extract the BhPersonalBackup.7z attachment > Format the usb stick to fat 32 > Copy the BhPersonalBackup.bh7 file to the usb stick > Restart enigma2..

Menu > Backup Menu > BlackHole Personal Backup > Green button / Restore..

2345996b545.png

Thanks for that Master G. It 'seemed' to have worked but something strange has happened. I did everything that you said. When the box rebooted I saw your splash screen and it looked like it had worked but then the VU disconnects from the TV once the splash screen disappears.

The VU is still on though as you can see the channel name on the front of the VU front panel, I try to go up or down a channel and I get the following message on the front of the VU box -

file/etc/multiquickbutton/quickbutton_channelup.xml not found or file/etc/multiquickbutton/quickbutton_channeldown.xml not found

This is Strange. I've tried rebooting but once your splash screen disappeared it makes my Samsung TV have no signal from the VU - even though the box is on. I can still change channels on the remote and can see the changes as it is on the front panel of the VU but it totally disconnects my TV. When I flick the switch on the back of the VU to turn off and back on I get the splash screen then the same happens.

Edited 5 times, last by moosic ().

• Is your tv capable of 1080p????

Could be that the image has been backed up with the A/V settings menu mode set to 1080p...... this would need to be changed to 720p if your tv is not capable of 1080p mode.

Or you could try it blind.... press the exit button on your remote a few times just to make sure that you are just viewing tv and not already in a sub menu...

now press menu/ok/ down arrow once/press ok/press ok again/down arrow once/now press the left arrow twice..... this will start 720p mode and hopefully you can now see the menu... now press the green button to save.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Got it working Master G, my Samsung is 1080i.

Your instructions on doing it blind worked straight away.

Do you know the up/down/left/right buttons to select channels on the remote still don't work though? Something is still not right, epg button doesn't work also. Your menus look different to mine. (mine seem to still be original black hole)

Also some plugins are not available.
    Extensions/ondemand (no module named lxml)
    Extensions/cooltvguide (no module named coolpico)

Edited 3 times, last by moosic ().

• Official Post

Doesn`t look like the personal backup has exported everything properly because those issues are not there on the full backup..

Go to the blackhole addons manager and reinstall multiquick button and cool tv guide (green button > yellow button > addons download manager > plugins).. Use mutiquick button to set cool tv guide to the EPG button..

Ondemand can be installed in telnet with this command:

Code
    opkg update && opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand
  • You have to telnet into your box, you can telnet from [for example] windows. Telnet is not enabled in windows by default, but to enable it, in windows, ctrl panel, programs and features, turn windows features on or off, select the telnet client checkbox, ok. Run telnet by [for example], start/run/ type telnet.
    Another option is to use VUCC ....... http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=309
    And so on .....

Edited once, last by tpmm ().

• You have to telnet into your box, you can telnet from [for example] windows. Telnet is not enabled in windows by default, but to enable it, in windows, ctrl panel, programs and features, turn windows features on or off, select the telnet client checkbox, ok. Run telnet by [for example], start/run/ type telnet.
    Another option is to use VUCC ....... http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=309
    And so on .....

Thanks for those, problem is i'm using a macbook.

• Ok, I seem to be getting somewhere. Never realized this would be such a steep learning curve but i'm connecting to the box now by telnet and through filezilla.

Little by Little eh!

I have transferred the picons over and they have started appearing on the screen display :)

I'm still not sure about Ondemand, what exactly does this do and where is it found please?

When I click onto the epg button, I can see the channels but there is no now and next, It shows no details of programs, only the channels.

I'm still having issues with the colour of the menubar, it's still in it's original colour, photo below:

Also the channel up and down button, everytime I zap it brings up the epg. I've gone into cool tv guide but there is the only option to program that button is to do with the epg and no setting to turn it off.

7700c730c1ad20.jpg

• Official Post

Ondemand plugin will be found in the plugins menu / green button.. Just a heads up before you ask, BBC IPlayer doesn`t work. You would be better using xbmc launcher for ondemand addons..

Skins can be selected at menu > setup > system > skin. You should have an option for MX_S6p. If its not there download it from the addons panel green button > yellow button > addons download manager > Black Hole image skins..

4203873a9ebff.png

You will need to setup the epg if you want it to fully populate -> How to : Setup CrossEPG and BlackHole EPG settings

This is how i have cool tv guide setup:

3d1c755e8eb48419b99232.pngf19a5ffe00ea17a6.png

Cool tv guide is set to Vu+ EPG / INFO in multiquick button (uncheck infobar):

0893a9fa41567a04108f1b9.png

• Master G, Thanks for your continuing help but I now have another things I have issues with.

Everytime I go up and down channels with the channel buttons on the remote it ends up going into cool tv guide, is there no way to stop this happening?

I have also tried to download the blackhole epg, and it looks like it downloaded but then when I go go the epg guide there is no information apart from the channels I am viewing. ! I did not try crossepg as I thought I only need the one, correct?

Also the size on the Cool easy guide, it comes up small, please see below.

2d85c3d8748f09f65.jpg

Sorry for all the Q's mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Still stuck on the above points.

I have got Oscam up and running though.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't seem to edit the above post but the only thing I currently now have issues with is the actual size of the Cool TV Guide.

It just appears really small and doesn't fit the correct width of the TV. Any ideas why? Everything else is fine!

2dd6dd1d3933e859cfae7c6a.jpg

• Official Post

When you are downloading the EPG data make sure you are on channel that contains the full source. Bring up the channel list > press blue button for bouquets > Sky uk / Freesat EPG.

f95ab804c4d.jpg

I have attached my key maps for multiquick and cool tv guide. FTP both usr & etc folders to the root of the image. Overwrite the existing files when prompted.. Restart enigma2 when finished..

bdad3abab579aa5.png

4e4c3bdc1d90bf9b09b81.jpg

The cool tv guide plugin needs to be skinned to fit the HD skins. If you want the full screen you will need to use a different skin..

• Hello master G
    I'm just testing your personal backup now and i got a blank screen and no sound as well
    But the video settings was set at 2160p
    I'm all set at 1080i all good
    So that tells me you have 4k tv :thumb:
    And no problem with skin
    still playing
    Thanks for backup
    Richard

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!