Help with a downgrade to spark.

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 536 times. The last Post () by benwiddowson.

• Hi guys I'm a newbie to the world of Linux sat systems but just have one quick question I'm hoping one of you guys could answer in the simplest way possible.

I have an Amiko Alien 2+ running Vix firmware. I have no interest in any card related stuff and primary want to use the system for FTA with a multi sat system. Im finding the Vix firmware restrictive as its obviously designed for a use i don't intend to use. Could i flash back to the factory Spark OS, and would this provide me with more features I'm going to use and more importantly how do i flash back to spark?

Thanks in anticipation.

Ben

• Great thanks a lot, really helpful. Can you suggest another image, I've read hdmu isn't too bad?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask this here so appologise if I'm not and please fee free to delete.if I did want to use my valid sky card I've found instructions here https://www.digitalworldz.co.u…etting-up-oscam-read.html

Is it a case of logging into oscam choosing those files and copying and pasting or is some configuring required. Sorry for the million questions, I really do thank you of anyone can respond.

• HDMU is probably the best, but each image has their pluses and minuses - also a matter of personal taste, so you can try a few. In the images section there are backup images for HDMU and PKT which you may want to try. (A backup image is just that, somebodies backup of an image with popular plugins (like oscam) already installed and configured.)

I think you are not supposed to link to other sites, but there are also sections here on how to setup oscam with various cards/providers and many knowledgeable people if you need help...

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!