using DM518-s for Home network only

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,342 times. The last Post () by bigkenny.

• Hi,

I have a DM518-s its working all OK. I`ve took it out of the room it was in and replaced it with a VU+ Duo I had spare. I now want to move this old DM518-s to another room that does not have a sat cable input. I only want to connect it up to my Home Network to view things I have on my 4TB WD my Cloud NAS hard drive. How do I go about this if it can be done.

Thank You

• I don't have experience with one of these but normally if you mount a network share (then browse for your "mycloud" ) you may be able to access it from your receiver then.

OK I will take a look. I wanted to get some use out of it so thought by doing this I could. Thanks again

• OK I will take a look. I wanted to get some use out of it so thought by doing this I could. Thanks again

well I tried this but no luck. my machine is running Nabllosat DM500 v.0.8 sofware. I`ve tried to see but cannot search for home networks (well i cannot see it) I`ve put in the ip address of my Nas HD and its found it but I`m lost how to stream from it (no media player on it) it got some file transfer option I`ve tried to see if I can find the folder with my films on my HD but nothing. Any help anyone..............please. Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!