Newbie help with sky and oscam

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,620 times. The last Post () by benwiddowson.

• Hi guys

I'm very new to the world of Linux satellite boxes and i need some help if possible.

I have a Amiko Alien 2+ with Vix firmware installed. I've installed auto bouquets and crossing and scam. Now I'm totally lost how to get my legit skyhd viewing card working in the machine. Could anyone direct or give me a simple 'how to' to get this working? I've read a few tutorials but they seem to jump the basic settings and assume you know what your doing.

Thanks

• Which uk card do you have, white or red ? If white has it been in the official sky hd decoder ? Which image do you have on the alien 2 ? Do you have oscam installed yet ?

Once we get the required info we can direct you to whats needed..

Hi

I have a selection of cards as i have a few muiltiroom boxes in the house. I have 1 white one and 2 of the newer red ones. All the cards have/are in SkyHD 1tb and 2Tb boxes and all have the full package on them. I looked at installing Oscam and there seems to be 4 versions, i'm guessing its the first but if you could advise it would be great.
    1)Oscam 1.20+svn10991-r16
    2)seems to be identical to the one above
    3) oscammips
    4)oscamsh4

The receiver is a Amiko Alien 2+ with the Vix4 firmware.

• Official Post

The white version of the uk card will be locked to the official decoder, unless you unlock / re-pair this card to an SD, standard definition model it can`t be used in a third party receiver..

The red card can be used with the configs from here -> [How-To] Oscam Configs For SKY UK CAID 0960 Red Card

1. Install a compatible oscam for the image used (try Oscam 1.20+svn10991-r16).
    2. FTP the configs linked to etc/tuxbox/config folder.
    3. Convert the serial number from underneath the official decoder into a boxid, add this to oscam.server file (boxid = xxxxxxxx)..
    Restart enigma2.

If you have any issues show us an oscam log so we can spot any errors..

• Great thanks. I'll have a go after dinner. Just 2 quick questions the fat of the files such as oscam.conf are there files there to edit or do i need to create them? i've seen those files when i navigate to http://192.168.1.xx:8888 can i edit them there or does that not work? Also the box ID is that just a straight enter or does it need to be in Hex or something?

• Check the link i provided, it has files you can edit and the tool needed to convert the boxkey to hex.

You can use the oscam web interface or an FTP tool to add the configs, whatever is easier for you bud..

Cheers mate, i'll have a go at some point this evening. Random question in terms of CI slots is it the top or bottom or does it not matter?

Also is it only the boxid that will need changing, is the rest a copy and paste job?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry one other is it the nds serial number or the other sticker

• one issue ive found is the rar with the boxid generator only has a readme nothing else. Does anyone have a working copy?

- - - Updated - - -

Also the cons files contain some text already. Do i delete these or add them to the start or end?

• Use only the lines posted, remove any existing and...
    Do as the master says. :)

Also, change the boxtype to "ipbox" instead of dreambox.

And, if you will not be sharing, you can remove the cccam and newcamd sections...

Thanks for your help guys, fired the box up and it work. Just one more thing, the HD channels don't seem to work? is there a solution to this?

• If you tour sites such as eBay etc you find a variety of people selling gifts which appear to all be for the Skybox/Openbox which i believes runs Ccam?, can these be used on the Enigma2 machines with scam or is it completely different?

Just out of interest why are the White sky cards more of a pain than the red ones which are much newer?

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!