Advice on Xtend ET9500

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 468 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hi,

I bought an Openbox V8 COMBO satellite receiver from a well known auction site and am bitterly regretting it - horrible user interface, lack of support/channel lists, unusable EPG and so on..... I chose the receiver as it was listed as twin tuner but when I finally came to install it found out that the 2nd tuner was DVB-T. So I am thinking of getting a different unit before this one gets hurled out the of the window.

I have seen the Xtend ET9500 offer on World of Satellite but, once bitten twice shy, wanted some feedback from anyone that has this unit.

• How easy are they to setup,
    • How easy is the EPG to use and keep updated
    • Are channel lists readily available or easy to configure

Thanks

Kev

• 1) A basic understanding will help (but the only way to learn is to take the plunge but your in good hands here)
    2) very easy once setup, will/ should take of itself really
    3) readily available but some images have autobouquets installed by default (which take care of the most popular satellite packages EG: 28.2 13 19 etc)
    I'd recommend vix as it has all these things installed and our forum sponsor will flash it for you.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.…trend-ET-9500-2x-DVB-S-S2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!