Black Hole and XBMC on my Solo2

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 800 times. The last Post () by paulus.

• I have been struggling for over a month with my solo2 and a couple of threads have not resulted in any progress. The problem is mainly XBMC with Genesis (the only addon of interest) which either freezes when trying to navigate a selection menu or returns "no stream available" or just returns back to the menu after no action. If I install Genesis from the Linuxsat Support Addon I get nothing found in most selections and selecting "Box office by year" the next menu gives me 1969 and earlier!! Trying to install from the Lamda repository I get "incompatible" - dependencies missing or file corrupted.

Having reflashed many times, including going back to BH2.1.6 the results (with XBMC) are always the same. Freezing requires a hard power cycle to recover. I have also tried flashing the official image first - no better. Assuming it must be hardware, in discussion with Vu+ UK, I have paid to have the motherboard replaced - but exactly the same!! Appearing not to be a hardware problem, nor an image problem, I am completely stumped and frustrated that everyone else reports "mine works fine". I have attached yesterday's log file, but have no experience in understanding it. Can anyone determine from it what might be going on?

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add some more info; XBMC on BH2.1.6, 2.1.7, and 3.0.1 all freeze with exactly the same symptom. I only have one addon (Genesis), /.xbmc is on my HDD and there is a folder /usr/share/xbmc which has a number of folders of the same name to those in/.xbmc on the HDD. When I load a fresh image XBMC in menu/system/system information reports that "memory used" is ~25%. I have no idea what this is measuring. Within 24 hours (just configuring and loading epg in USB with picons) the "memory used" as XBMC sees it gradually climbs until it records 100% - but never goes down again. Henceforth any attempt to navigate menus in Genesis causes the screen to freeze, judder, no response to remote, and power cycle the only way out.

I believe it is the "memory used" at 100% that is causing my problem. However, flash remains constant ~70-80% depending on image, and swap file is never used.

Is my file structure the same as everyone else's?
    What is XMBC measuring as "memory used"?
    And how do I get mine to work like everyone else's?

Any answers and/or help would be most appreciated

• As I have posted in various threads about " Genesis", This was once one of the best repositories for XBMC up to 2 years ago when it started the moving on to KODI
    once KODI became the standard and XBMC faded out, Genesis became redundant:

Originally lambda planned to release an update to Genesis that would include all the same features it had before along with all the improvements made. It was to include the same abundance of free links it used to have and support several new premium services. Unfortunately, with all of the lies and misinformation being spread by people that care for nothing more but hits/clicks/likes on social media he has decided to put an end to Genesis. He will release a new add-on but it will not be Genesis and it will not have library integration or favourites. These were the most used and most contentious features and he hopes removing them will help limit the new add-ons installed user base. We have discussed this several times already but in addition to removing library integration and favourites he has removed many scrapers and resolvers, specifically the free ones. The new add-on will rely heavily upon premium services like RealDebrid, RPNet, Premiumize.me and Easynews. This is another attempt to control how large the installed userbase gets and a way to eliminate the dependence on free hosters that cause the vast majority of problems with resolution.

• Don't believe this is a Genesis issue. Even with Genesis now removed (absolutely no addons installed) Memory used still shows 100% in xbmc>system>system info and it was with coincidence with this that xbmc would freeze trying to do anything (at thew time with Genesis). This system (2.1.7 was built from a backup) although I had the same result from starting from scratch AND with using a backup of 3.0.1. I have even had the motherboard replaced. The only thing not changed is the HDD. Every BH image starts off in xbmc showing "Memory used" at about 20% which within a few days gets up to 100% and freezes happen - but no-one seems to know what the "Memory used" is measuring!!

- - - Updated - - -

master g - how do I use these plugins? Regarding a regular reboot I have my doubts since the box has been power-cycled a number of times since I gave up using xbmc but it is still showing Memory used 100%.

I have attached a screenshot of my system info - any clues?

641267013370290e98baa80.jpg

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!