Private torrent sites?

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,023 times. The last Post () by ClubLife.

• I've been a heavy usenet user for years but in the last while I've gotten into the private torrent websites and wondered if anyone else used them?

The big ones are generally hard enough to get into...the likes of HDB, PTP, BTN and other top sites nearly impossible without a lot of work!

Any other fans? Any favourites to look out for?

I'm obsessed with w.cd at the minute...so many 24bit downloads to be had and my seedbox is crying under the weight!!

• I've been using private trackers for many, many years now: BTN, PTP, TC, W.CD, Bib, MAM, SCC etc.

I couldn't justify paying for usenet access when everything has always been available via private trackers, and they've always maxed out my connection. Plus, the communities on most of them are great!

With most trackers you can automate everything easily as well. My setup currently consists of uTorrent with RSS auto-download for all TV shows, filebot AMC script automatically hardlinks everything to the relevant TV/Movie/Music folders and renames the files when they've finished downloading, then Plex Media Server monitors those folders and autoupdates.

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B's in each room of the house with Rasplex on.

Works beautifully, needs a few tweaks to fine tune everything perfectly but I don't have the time right now. The only time I have to manully do anything is when I'm setting up another RSS feed for a new show.

All I can say is if you really want on a tracker, the best place to start is their IRC channel. I've managed to get into every tracker by befriending people in those.

• I've been using private trackers for many, many years now: BTN, PTP, TC, W.CD, Bib, MAM, SCC etc.

You've pretty much everything you need there! :thumb:

I've given up on Usenet for the minute....there are still a load of album downloads I'd like that are only available on Usenet (or magnet links) but I'll get them at some point...

• Most of the staff have scene axx on the top trackers, and quite a few in the IRC channels have usenet access also. If you're after something in particular just pop into their IRC and get chatting. It's not too uncommon for people to grab something from usenet quickly and pop it up on the tracker if you ask nicely, also most have request sections these days if there's noone helpful around in the IRC.

It's taken me a few years to get on the sites I wanted, but I'm quite comfy where I am now, with a backup for each and a few 0day's thrown in for good measure. Plus there's always warez sites for those really obscure things! lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!