My powervu linux streaming setup II. (TVHeadend)

There are 52 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 16,295 times. The last Post () by dvbxsat.

• there is no used info

Code
    Kernel driver in use: TBS PCIE

with this it did not work, but with this

Code
    options tbs_pcie_dvb adapter_nr=2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

does, thanks. By the way this command line

Code
    dmesg | grep -i dvb

show not many info

Edited 2 times, last by linoobs ().

• it work allready 3 month with mac adress and astra and this

Code
    options tbs_pcie_dvb adapter_nr=2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

work too, 3 times rebooted. Many thanks.

Rgds

• Hi,

just my findings.

At the moment I have 4 sat positions 9.0°E, 13.0°E, 19.2°E and 28.2°E, so I can test PV AU on AFN 9.0° and BWTV 13.0°E.

There is no way to get AU working on BWTV 1F86, 13.0E, it seams that no EMM is pass through to OSEmu or OSCam Emu.
    I have no idea at the moment, because of the close mouthed log informations debugging is not easy, the
    only information I see is that no UA is requested for the SID/srvid 1F86.
    I knew the UA keys are valid, because my Windows Box or a borrowed Enigma Box are updating the ECM keys.

Auto update is working without issues on AFN.

It is always the first SID UA key selected and than discarded for the next SID.
    So for each SID we would need a separate UA to have AU on all SIDs.
    I have 3 valid UA keys for AFN, so I'm getting AU on 3 SIDs.
    It doesn't matter which channel is requested by the client.

Is there any possibility with OSCAM to map the SID/srvid to another?

Best regards

• Attached are fixed files for emm_pid discovery (should fix bwtv and others....)

Yes, it is a problem with multiple channels using same sid and multiple channels using same key. The code for UpdateKeys needs to be re-written, or an new UpdateKeys function just for powervu needs to be added. I will work on it when I have time...

• Hello again,

ok! So far I tried bwtv and AFN on tvheadend with oscam-emu 11205. bwtv AU works, AFN not:

2016/01/05 22:47:55 00000000 [Emu] stream client 0 connected
    2016/01/05 22:47:55 00000000 [Emu] stream client 0 request /stream/service/a95ad917df71fee77c0a418b4e85a257?profile=PowerVU&descramble=0&emm=1&:0:0:2
    2016/01/05 22:47:56 00000000 [Emu] stream 0 found emm_pid: 1F4
    2016/01/05 22:47:56 00000000 [Emu] Key not found: P 0002 01

The EMM pid 1F4 is not correct. What about some option to configure the EMM pid manually? In most cases it's 9A anyway... :-)

Greetings,
    Purrfect

Edited once, last by Purrfect ().

• 1F4 is correct for AFN and it is working for me. But, sometimes I noticed that TVHeadend did not include the pid in the stream (tested with tsreader) I wasn't sure if it just wasn't being sent at the time (there are gaps between transmissions..) or there is some problem with TVHeadend. Try restarting and use the "-v" option and you will immediately see if UAs are being sent.

• Hello again!

Aha... I left tvheadend and a vlc client run for a while and some keys were updated - just not the one I was waiting for. Means, maybe some of my EMM keys for AFN are probably expired now, but in general it's working!

Thanks again! Now I consider how to make the best out of my receiving options combining SAT2IP and PCI DVB cards. :-)

Greetings,
    Purrfect

• Hello,

ok! So far I tried bwtv and AFN on tvheadend with oscam-emu 11205. bwtv AU works, AFN not:

That's funny, for me AFN AU is working perfect, but no way on BWTV, not even one EMM/UA request in the log.

PID 1F4/500 is the right one for AFN and 5A/90 for BWTV.

Edited once, last by sabal9 ().

• Yes, BWTV did not work for me today - maybe it was because I started the stream before there was emm data so TVHeadend did not include the pid???

BTW - for oscam-emu if you start with the debug option "-d68" ( 4 = reader - prints pids found etc, 64 = emm - prints UAs missing )

• Hello,

Yes, good conclusion, I will setup a cron job, to restart TVH, for the desired time frame.

You can create something like:

Code
    wget -q -O /dev/null "http://127.0.0.1:17999/xxxxxxxxxxxx"

OR

You can setup a SAT->IP channel which loops through oscam-emu/osemu and back to TVHeadend and just schedule a recording...
    (When I have time I plan to post instructions, but I am guessing you can figure it out...)

Edited once, last by joeuser ().

• Answer from Tvheadend: "You have a very special config (powervu). I think that you have PMT rewrite turned off in the pass through streaming profile, don't? The PMT rewrite removes the selected elementary streams, but you need the full PMT table to do powervu descrambling. If you like to do any filtering, you should route the descrambled stream back to TVH and do filtering on it with 'PMT rewrite' on or with the matroska output.."

• Hi Joe,

AU on BWTV is working, they sending the updates for just 7-9 minutes, in this time they repeat the UA block 4 times.

The key index 00 is used during the updates, than immediately switched off and the 01 key index is active.

Code
    <key index 01 off -> key index 00 on> -> <EMM for key index 01> -> <key index 00 off -> key index 01 on> -> <EMM for key index 00>

You need to hit this time frame exactly with TVH, otherwise TVH does not include the PID.

Was AU possible on MuMuDVB?
    This is because the OSCam<->TVH solution is not very productive for BWTV.

Best regards

• Answer from Tvheadend: "You have a very special config (powervu). I think that you have PMT rewrite turned off in the pass through streaming profile, don't? The PMT rewrite removes the selected elementary streams, but you need the full PMT table to do powervu descrambling. If you like to do any filtering, you should route the descrambled stream back to TVH and do filtering on it with 'PMT rewrite' on or with the matroska output.."

I understand their position and what they suggest is possible, but adds another loop through TVHeadend to accomplish. Actually, I already setup the SAT->IP channels for AFN so I can use TVHeadend to record (and use the epg to autorec...) I did test and you can play through this extra loop, but did not look to see how much load it puts on the system???

- - - Updated - - -

I only did short tests of AU with MuMuDVB since I use primarily TVHeadend now. Not sure how it handles pids which are no there at the time of starting the stream??

Maybe I will create an "issue" at TVHeadend, but they may have a similar response to the other problem...

• Hello,

so the setup is done, MuMuDVB an TVH running side by side on the same Linux box.

Code
    starting thread emu stream client
    emu stream client thread started
    [Emu] stream client 0 connected
    [Emu] stream client 0 request /1:0:1:1F86:319C:13:820000:0:0:0:
    [Emu] stream 0 found pmt pid: 13CE
    [Emu] stream 0 found emm_pid: 5A
    [Emu] stream 0 found ecm_pid: 17B6
    [Emu] stream 0 found audio pid: C8
    [Emu] stream 0 found video pid: D2

It looks good, OSEmu found the EMM PID.

I call back with the result.

Best regards

• Hi,

I knew that, that was just to mention that your OSEmu MuMuDVB SID patch is still working with your latest sources from Git Hub.

• I understand their position and what they suggest is possible, but adds another loop through TVHeadend to accomplish. Actually, I already setup the SAT->IP channels for AFN so I can use TVHeadend to record (and use the epg to autorec...) I did test and you can play through this extra loop, but did not look to see how much load it puts on the system???

As i wrote, on 2 MAG250 with Stalker MW on server, channels playing correct. I did test too, but with Astra restream and PID Filtering, it works and load 4% CPU for 2 channels, more i did not tested, i think it will be not more as usualy astra takes. Thx and merry christmas.

• Hi,

I'm late, but no success with MuMuDVB.

There seems to be no EMM PID in the MuMuDVB stream, I monitored that for rough

4 hours with TSReader, on the AFN transponder, the PID is only listed in the CAT.

MuMuDVB was compiled with the latest sources from GitHub.

Best regards

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!