External USB hard disk standby problem

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,316 times. The last Post () by JH58.

• Hi,
    My Vu+ Solo 4k is now up and running with oscam and I have established a favorite channel list. I have attached a USB hard disk, an Intenso Memory Center 5 TB with USB3.0. The hard disk works and I have made a couple of recordings to test it. So basically I am ready to go.

But the hard disk does not go into standby. The setting is set to 10 minutes (as the default), but the hard disk just keeps spinning.
    Is there an issue with this in the Vu+ Solo 4k, in the Black Hole 3.0.0 firmware or could it be the hard disk? Or a missing setting somewhere?

• As follows :-

Press Blue button twice on the Remote Control and select the Devices Manger

After selecting Devices Manager you see any partitions made on usb stick are not mapped. Press the Red button

Now you can select which devices you want to mount, just highlight the device with the up/down buttons and press the left/right buttons to choose how you want it mounted (you want to select hdd)) then just press the Red button to save this mount

Now the box will ask you to reboot so it can create this mount. Once the box has rebooted, check the device manager - you may have to initialise the drive - but be careful as anything already on the drive will be lost!!!

Failing that - you can do it manually by following this tut - http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=10390

• Thanks for your reply.

I tried the first method, selecting media/hdd and the system rebooted. It didn't initialise the drive, so the recordings are still there as before. But it still doesn't go into standby.
    The LED on the hard disk keeps flashing and it sounds like there is some activity. Could something keep it active?

- - - Updated - - -

Just a moment ago the disk went into standby mode. So it seems like it is now OK after all.
    Thanks for your help.

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!