Someone else logging in

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 825 times. The last Post () by sep8001.

• Hi

I recently gave a share to a mate from my box which is running oscam. It was all working fine however a few day ago I could see him connected twice.

Which I check the ip it is shown as being from Netherlands. I have changed his details on my box and his box but on the oscam log I can see his old username trying to connect and the ip is from Netherlands.

Apart from settings up fail ban anything else I need to do? Also how did the other user get the info.

We have a small share between friends and I am not using port 12000.

Thanks

• if it was me mate, and seeing as your peers are all your pals, i would change dns and ports, and issue new C lines.
    bit of pain i know but at least you'll have a clean setup, someone might be able to give a better or alternative option though.

regards: canthackit

• Dunno mate.
    as you've found out there are a lot of 'ner do well's out there, maybe he was a previous peer who's not deleted his C line, or maybe using a port scanner looking for open ports.

there are other ways but i'm a bit vague on them myself mate, thing is you've sussed him, seeing as your taking my suggestion once done you wont be bothered by him or hopehully any other undesirable.

best regards: canthackit

• the odd times oscam shows different users logging in twice on my setup, i usually pause the user for a minute or so or restart oscam whuch usually cures it for me, dont know if its just a glitch or not as i have "drop duplicate connections" checked

• apart from telling your peer to change his passwords and revise his security....
    maybe a new fresh dns host will kill all uninvited incoming requests..
    if it´s a small group share then you wouldnt have much problem getting them to change to your new host.

• apart from telling your peer to change his passwords and revise his security....
    maybe a new fresh dns host will kill all uninvited incoming requests..
    if it´s a small group share then you wouldnt have much problem getting them to change to your new host.

Thanks. He only gets a share from me, and I setup up the box for him so not sure if the box (open box s5) is the culprit?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!