Can I have more than one stream in a multi-tuner box?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,615 times. The last Post () by joeuser.

• Thanks Joe!

I am lost at transponder!

Lets just say I am on 28.2 Sly, that is the transponder?

I can then stream, all channels I am subscribed to?? I expect only a certain amount due to cpu overhead!

• So the theory goes..

I get a Vu2+ box, install openvix and OpenWebIf addon.
    I setup my own OSCAM/CCCAM server with connected sky card via an omnikey.

I configure the Vu2+ firmware/software as required (I will need to find the relevent guides)

I can then connect to, say for example, transponder 11082 H tp 65 and as I am a BT Sport HD subscriber I could, in theory, stream all of those channels from the box back to my Linux server?

Before I buy anything, can you see a flaw in my plan!?

Thanks again Joe, top advice that I really appreciate.

• the solo4k lets you do 8 signals if yah can stretch that far m8

Built-in Dual FBC Tuner system

Vu+ SOLO 4K uses cutting-edge technology with it's embedded Dual FBC (Full Band Capture) tuners that enable up to up to 8 satellite signals.
    - See more at: http://www.world-of-satellite.…o-4K#sthash.Z72VUdqY.dpuf

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• Yes fortunately my local area has a communal sat with an optical LNB, and I have 8 outputs on my hardware.

So with this, with 8 feeds, I could connect to 8 transponders and stream god knows how many channels to my linux server?!

Now I wonder how much CPU or what the max number of channels I could stream are.

• I don't have a VU+, so I am not sure what the best image is, but openwebif is preloaded in almost all images.

I don't have a sly card, but I think you are limited to SD channels with oscam/reader config???

Limit on simultaneous channels depends on their bit-rates and whether or not they are encrypted.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!