Vu+ Duo Hard Disk loosing initialization

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,996 times. The last Post () by jatts.

• I have Vu+ Duo Black Hole Enigma 1.6.6
    I installed a used 500 Gb Hard disk.
    Then Vu+ Duo found disk and I could initializing and check file system.
    When I go to Hard Disk, I see Detected HDD: ATA(ST3500641AS)
    I'm able to record but If I however switch Vu+ Duo completely off (remove plug from socket) and then switch back on later, it seems that Hard Disk has lost initialization because when I press record, I get error message that HDD is not initialized. I still find Hard Disk in menu and can re-initialize it. Then it works again.
    So basically every time I switch on I need to initialize Hard Disk again.

have read about checking recording paths but i can`t find the on the menu

• recording paths - menu --> setup --> system --> recording paths

As long as you save your settings the HDD should work next time you reboot!

Set your recording path, save and reboot....have you lost the HDD settings?

hi sandman. to be honest the hdd never worked right since I have had the box. I have reflashed the box today with latest blackhole, set up hdd. there is no recording paths in blackhole.

menu --> setup --> system --> there is no recording paths there

daz

• Daz,

check what Setup Mode you're in....

menu --> setup --> system --> Customize --> Setup mode (change to 'Expert' if you're not already in it)

Then check to see if the recording paths have appeared...

• yup now done that, still says every time i switch off the box no hdd found or hdd not initiazed, even after setting paths.

• nice one pal, thats really help. Many thanks. i just wish the seller on ebay could of told me all of this

is there a series link option on the box?

many thanks again

daz

• ah its all easy when you know how!!

there are a few series link related plugins about but I haven't found one that properly emulates what Sly does tbh!

• Dear Sandman,

I am experiencing the same problem. I have also Vu+ Solo clone (at the bottom it says version 3.0). The image is BlackHole 1.7.2 and the hard disk is an external USB 500GB.

I am initializing and everything works fine. Immediately after initializing, I tried to do what you said (hit blue twice, then device manager and then mount) but my hard disk does not show there.

However, after I reboot and lose the initialization, the hard disk DOES appear in the device manager and this time I can go ahead and do the mounting. But after the reboot the same problem persists.

Is it possible to do the mounting instead from the device manager to do it through command line? (i.e. through telnet and manually do the commands?). I am not familiar with Linux commands but I am comfortable using the command line through telnet!

Thanks in advance!

• Hey mate

after you initializing your hard drive restart the box and then press the blue button

hope it helps

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!