is image updater required every time

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,029 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• hey guys,havin a lil trouble here,just done software update on my duo,after 20 mins it was complete so rebooted system,upon restart da *astard wudn go past starting on the the box,tried restarting a few times no gud ,so here i am reluctantly trying to reflash,i just said incase at all id better do updater first den image but wen i put in usb as iv done a million times before the "reading usb " came up for a split second before back to "starting".just wondering as the title says,or can i just go ahead with image,dont wana make a balls of the hole lot so easier ask...thanks once again in advance

ps..i dont have image on usb at same time and vice versa

• title says image updater but then you say software updater ...¿ which is it ? ¿what exactly did you do ? image or software?
    if its image ,this can happen if it didnt 100% reflash .so you need to unplug system then start all over again..
    if it´s software ¿what was it and where did you find it and how did you try to update it ? tmp , usb , net, ¿¿??

• so i managed the reflash,resuts aint good.now for some reason it wont recognise the tuners,when i go into tuner config.system crashes,wen i press blue.for extensions system crashes wen i press epg system crashes,i didn have these issues all along with same image,does anybody have ne idea wats goin on before vu meets concrete,please,very stressed miltownman

sorry if im confusin ppl i didn see cazs post til after

• sorry mate,in first place i done software update,dats wen system failed,i actually ment bootloader wen i say updater,dat issue is sorted thankfully ,but if u look below iv opened a whole new can of worms

title says image updater but then you say software updater ...¿ which is it ? ¿what exactly did you do ? image or software?
    if its image ,this can happen if it didnt 100% reflash .so you need to unplug system then start all over again..
    if it´s software ¿what was it and where did you find it and how did you try to update it ? tmp , usb , net, ¿¿??

• in the duo with vix 2.3?? maybe it didnt download OR flash fully..... I suggest you go back to the image you had on before ,
    and with the backup you had previously made just go back to that also..

• im using same image as i downloaded in first place,just noticed der now that wen i try to configure tuner b in also crashes ,and also when i tried to restore settingd id backed up on vucc it said folder empty,wtf.i only backed it up 2 days ago after customizing.ya the updates wer tru vix on the vu on 2.3.

• wud der ever be sum kind of bug in software updates,started from scratch again reflashed no problem used wizard tru the steps,perfect,until again i went into software updates and now im back to to square 1 ,not getting past the starting screen upon reboot.really hope ders no major damage done

• spent most of the day yesterday fiddling with da thing every time i got same results,everything works perfect until i do software update,then it just wont restart,iv it al setup again now without updating software so just gona leave it.dya think il be facing problems down the line if my software aint up to date....

• spent most of the day yesterday fiddling with da thing every time i got same results,everything works perfect until i do software update,then it just wont restart,iv it al setup again now without updating software so just gona leave it.dya think il be facing problems down the line if my software aint up to date....

miltown,

when you say 'software update' are you talking about updating Vix to the latest version from within the panel? Your profile says you're using Vix 2...what version have you loaded? (2.3 came out on Christmas day!)

I can't see you having problems if you never upgrade again...latest software will bring bug and stability fixes as well as new features but you could say 'if it ain't broke...don't fix it'!!

• The vix images released on Christmas day updated the linux kernel to 3.1.1 which really should be a reflash and not a online update.

just update the bootloader first if you have not allready done it then a clean install of latest image and you should be good to go

make sure you backup all your settings first

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.

• ya updating tru vix panel on box,using vix 2.3 as released in november by phoenixusing same bootloader dat accompanied it,im just gona leave it til it crashes again ,,cause iv no doubt it will,,,thanks again for the help and support

miltown,

when you say 'software update' are you talking about updating Vix to the latest version from within the panel? Your profile says you're using Vix 2...what version have you loaded? (2.3 came out on Christmas day!)

I can't see you having problems if you never upgrade again...latest software will bring bug and stability fixes as well as new features but you could say 'if it ain't broke...don't fix it'!!

• ya updating tru vix panel on box,using vix 2.3 as released in november by phoenixusing same bootloader dat accompanied it,im just gona leave it til it crashes again ,,cause iv no doubt it will,,,thanks again for the help and support

I would download the full 2.3 with the 3.1.1 kernel and do a proper flash (like Caz says!)

I see other people reporting issues so an erase and reflash would be your best option!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!