Vu+ duo IR receiver problem?

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,142 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• This is weird -so any suggestions gratefully received.

My remote is working fine - new batteries etc but once a channel is selected following boot up the box no longer responds to commands from the remote?

I've done a factory reset and tried other images (now reverted to Blackhole) but always the same problem. If I don't select a channel and use remote to make menu commands then doesn't seem to be a problem, but immediately I choose a channel, the remote is useless. (I can still control the box using iDreamx on my Mac, but this isn't very satisfactory!)

Any ideas?

Ta!

• Do you have a usb stick insterted? if so remove then reboot and check if it works m8 ;)

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• I now can't re-flash the box, it's stuck on 'starting' and won't respond to USB inserted in either front or back port. I'm now at a total loss as to what to try? Any suggestions please?
    Ta

• very weird indeed!! and apparently your not the only one : http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…-required-every-time.html
    i imagine its start afresh with a new clean image without anything else plugged into the box ..
    start from scratch and manually install anything else you need.while in BH go to menu- plugins-plugin browser-remote controlcode-
    for the UNO =2 so I imagine the duo = 1 ..
    Just read your last post _ try an earlier image than the 1.6.6 and see what happens

• I now can't re-flash the box, it's stuck on 'starting' and won't respond to USB inserted in either front or back port. I'm now at a total loss as to what to try? Any suggestions please?
    Ta

I've had to reflash my Duo 3 times since yesterday...I get the 'starting' with red light lit and it gets no further regardless of what is done until its been reflashed again!!

I've read about removing devices etc and a power supply safety feature but nothing makes any difference....

What version of BlackHole are you running? I'm beginning to wonder if 1.6.7 is cursed!!

• Thanks Sandman - I've lost track of which image I last tried to flash with - maybe it was BH 1.6.7? My previous (successful) version of BH was installed several months ago and was 1.4 or somesuch.
    I now can't reflash using USB - it just doesn't respond.
    Good luck

• I WAS able to access using IDreamX ( a mac version of DCC), but to do so I need the IP address of the box and this varies each time it's rebooted. Do you know if there is a way to identify the IP address directly via DCC - web browser i.e. without access to Network configuration on the Settings menu?

• I WAS able to access using IDreamX ( a mac version of DCC), but to do so I need the IP address of the box and this varies each time it's rebooted. Do you know if there is a way to identify the IP address directly via DCC - web browser i.e. without access to Network configuration on the Settings menu?

You could try a lan scanner from a PC - Advanced LAN Scanner 1.0 (Free) - Fast, Small, easy-to-use and highly configurable network scanner for Win32 which uses multithreading so you can scan more than 1000 elements per second!

this will tell you what IPs are active and you can eliminate your usual PC's & other devices!

If you have an iPhone 'Ping Lite' will allow you to do this as well!

• Thanks Sandman - just tried ping lite - no joy there.

Also tried Terminal as suggested and got back "ping: cannot resolve bm750.local: Unknown host" , so it looks like the box isn't responding?

• Thanks Sandman - just tried ping lite - no joy there.

Also tried Terminal as suggested and got back "ping: cannot resolve bm750.local: Unknown host" , so it looks like the box isn't responding?

hmm...looks that way :-S

totally unplug it and leave it an hour...then stick a USB in the front with BH 1.6.6 and cross your fingers!

you can also plug a serial / null modem cable into it (if you have one) and see if it outputs anything when turned on....

• I've just borrowed my son's pc with a view to try and use something called Vu Util via serial cable....but cant find my cable!

He also lent me a 3rd USB stick which I've just tried to flash with latest original vu+ image...and it seems to be working - well at least I got the VU+ logo on-screen, but then seemed to get stuck in a 'loading' loop, so am re-flashing again as I type, will keep you posted!

• Latest update, some god news and some bad!

Original VU+ image got stuck 2nd time in 'loading' loop, so then flashed BH 1.6.6 but this just gave black screen? Next reverted to flash my 'original' BH image - and this now works (1.6.5), HOWEVER my initial problem is still there i.e. once a channel is selected my remote no longer works to change channel and select menu etc and I have to revert to using IDreamX to do same?
    Back to square 1!

So why does box resist BH 1.6.6, latest VU+ original and other images? It seems like there's a gremlin in the box which needs purging - will Vu Util do this for me, i.e. return my box to a virgin state so that I can install latest images and my remote works once more???

Any ideas anyone?

Ta

• Thanks Cazuela

Ref elpicko: How to : Reprogram Vu+ Remote Control - doesn't seem to work for me, but my Vu+Duo was from one of the first batches to come to the UK and I think the RC is / was programmed for Duo

Re "BH go to menu- plugins-plugin browser-remote controlcode-" - I now have BH1.6.6 loaded via USB and can't see this plug-in?

Here is a screen shot of my box at this moment - it's stuck on this screen, but I can change the channel within the screen using IDreamX - but using my RC has no effect - still wondering what to do?
    109a0bb.jpg

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!