Problem tuning into 28.2

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,514 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi all,

I would like to (and have been trying for the last 2 very frustrating days) to install and tune my equipment to 28.2 Sat. As you can probably imagine, I am now beyond frustration and desperately need positive input/advice, as till now all I have achieved is 19.2. Let me give you all some useful info:

I am based in Germany (the settings for the 28.2 Sat from my position are: Azimuth 153 degrees, Elevation 29 degrees and the LNB tilt -16 degrees). I have used an app to locate the Sat and have of course set my dish to these co-ordinates, but to no avail.

The box I am using is a Solo 2. I am unsure what is the best image to flash with, as I would like to use the satfinder feature to aid in my project. I did use a Blackhole image, but was only able to find and tune to 19.2 :(

What have I been doing wrong, or maybe not been doing at all?

• i norm use a sat meter to align dish m8

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• which meter would you recommend?

- - - Updated - - -

So ok, I can use a sat meter, but my point is that I have the dish aligned to the correct co-ordinates and I don't even get a sniff of a signal on the sat finder tool on my solo 2 box. Surely I would receive some indication? Am i missing something between setting the dish to the correct co-ordinates and using a sat meter?

• Dish alignment has to be milimeter accurate (maybe finer depending on location).
    There's a big sky out there.
    I wouldn't rely on an app or the markings on a satellite dish to set one up. (what if markings are out slightly and no dish is perfect.)
    Quarter degree out on elevation and your looking at a whole different area up there.
    They will only give you a rough guide to point.
    Best way forward is a meter of some type.

• in your location make sure your lnb is sqewed , so as you are looking at the dish the cable that comes out of the lnb is at the 7pm position, or the centreline of lnb is in that position, lnb scew is all or nothing, can be that simple, especially with fringe reception.

• Maybe I missed this part ,,, but you didn´t mention the size of dish you are trying to receive the signal..
    Just because satfinder gives you the information of alignment it won´t tell you if you are within the footprint...
    I have encountered similar problems residing in Spain....
    It might help if you have channel settings ( I use catseye all sats) already in place on the image too...

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!