Need help choosing a receiver for Kodi

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,144 times. The last Post () by jokosat.

• My amiko HD mini has died after a good run. I am now way behind the times.
    My own preferences is I don't care about recording so single tuner is fine by me.Don't watch TV a lot but use kodi a lot which I am currently running on apple tv2 which is also getting passed by

Was thinking of a box that will do both
    Have heard of amiko a3 and wetek play. Is there others.
    Amiko is appealing at £59

Any suggestions welcome and appreciated

• Official Post

If your main usage is Kodi then i would look at the Mars Android-HD-SE which is £67. The wetek is slow opening addons where the mars is instant.. Enigma2 images & plugins are only available on the wetek, where the mars and amiko a3 have closed source firmware.. OSCam is the only emulator available for all 3 options..

• I've been using MXQ only 35 euros (OTT TV Box) Quad cor. That is good, but I tried to install the blackbox and that does not work.

I ordered 2 boxes and haven' t received them yet because of Xmas peak time with DHL.

1) M8S+ Android 5.1 TV Box Amlogic S812 Quad Core 2.4G&5G Wifi 2GB/8GB H.265 HEVC
    Gigabit Lan Bluetooth 4.0 KODI, which seems to be a lot faster, and

2 ) Receiver VIGICA C100S DVB-S2 Digital Satellite Receiver Support Cccam Newcamd
    Dolby Bisskey 1GB/8GB Android 4.4 TV Box KODI (62 Euros)

I will get them sometimes this week and keep you posted

• for me it be a wetek tbh , interchangable tuners dvb/c/t/s costing wit tenna a tuner , droid, openelec, E2 , Lakka for retro emu games
    but id buy a openelec box as well less exspencive in yah get a E2 remote as standard anah that way ;)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• If your main usage is Kodi then i would look at the Mars Android-HD-SE which is £67. The wetek is slow opening addons where the mars is instant.. Enigma2 images & plugins are only available on the wetek, where the mars and amiko a3 have closed source firmware.. OSCam is the only emulator available for all 3 options..

I´d have to agree with this as I too have this
    Mars HDse :*+* fast startup and changing from app to app, screen image is good, blindscan optional in scan, initial setting up is wife-friendly too..
    *-* closed source, not a good idea to hang on back of tv....
    wetek play: *+* slow startup in native android, openelec, kodi, e2,,FTP access,,great box for tinkering with, neat and tidy small box, screen image is good, blindscan optional in scan..
    *-* Requires an experienced hand and a lot of patience initial setting up, not so family friendly....
    *STEER CLEAR OF FBOX*

• Hello All,

Just to update on the boxes I received.

1) Receiver VIGICA C100S DVB-S2 Digital Satellite Receiver Support Cccam Newcamd
    Dolby Bisskey 1GB/8GB Android 4.4 TV Box KODI (62 Euros)

Is good but just as slow as MXQ. I would not recommend it if one needs fast streaming. However It is doing what it's meant for.

2) M8S+ is really fast. I am sticking to it for the time being. I did try Spintz, Wookie, and Blackbox wizards on it and they are all working fine. Streaming is quite good compared to the MXQ i had. The only disadvantage is that this has no Satellite option, but just streaming. So if your Internet goes down, you won't have much choices.

Edited once, last by fulgas: typo ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!