Champions OpenATV 5.1 Based Image

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,893 times. The last Post () by renshai.

• Happy New Year to all fellow Boardies

For those lovers of OpenATV, here's Champions OpenATV 5.1 based image

http://goo.gl/j8y5fW

Here's a link to my Champions 28 December 2015 OpenATV v5.1 based Image - for the Amiko Alien2, AA2+ and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

Image installation procedure - the safe, simple and 100% foolproof way. If you already have an Enigma2 Image on your box, skip steps 1 & 3 below

1. Download the E2 Plugins from the following link http://goo.gl/bcSWub. Take the whole folder and copy it to the root of any USB stick
    2. Boot the box into the default Spark operating system. If your box is in Enigma already, turn it off, hold in the OK button on the box and keep it pressed, turn on the box and release the OK when you see the FORC message on the box. Press the Up arrow on the box which will then say SPAR and then press OK
    3. Insert the stick into the box. The system will see the stick being installed and prompt for the installation of the plugins - say "Yes"
    4. Download and copy the pre-prepared image of your choice to a USB stick. You can copy any number of images to the same stick, putting each in it's own separate directory on the stick. An image contains two files - uImage and e2jffs2.img
    5. Press Menu, Press Down and Right to plugins. Select the e2upgrade plugin from the list. On screen, you then will see a box with /c/storage in black writing in a yellow bar across the centre of the screen. Click OK to navigate to the folder you want, press Red to select and press Red to Upgrade
    6. Upon completion, turn off the box. Press and hold the OK button, Turn ON the box and wait until you see the front panel say FORC. At this point, release the OK button. Press the DOWN arrow button on the box and it will display ENIG. Press and Release the OK button.
    7. The box will now reboot into Enigma

This image is working with the following plugins:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets (AutoUpdate turned OFF), CrossEPG (0.8.1) (Updates at 04:00 Daily), Various Skins, all Picons, Rats Picons, OSCam v11201 (with blank sample C-Line and N-Line Readers), PermanentTimeShift (Turned Off), OpenWebIf, Samba Server, Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel, and more. CrossEPG is also flushed out once a week. This image uses the bundled OpenATV EPG Display.

You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Use the Download menu in Plugins or just FTP the .ipk files to the /TMP folder, telnet to the box and type IPKG INSTALL xxxxxxx.ipk. This should work for most plugins.

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p. Terrestrial is NOT YET scanned and will need to be setup in SETUP > SERVICE SEARCHING > TUNER CONFIGURATION

Change the Weather in the Metrix skin - go to Plugins > MyMetrixLite > Weather and set the number for your location. Get the number from HERE - http://metrixweather.open-store.net/#weather

FTP and Telnet - Username "root", Password Blank
    WebInterface - http://box_ip (Default Port 80)
    DreamBoxEdit paths - /etc/enigma2/

OSCam - http://your_box_ip:8888 - Username "root", Password "oscam"

Enjoy !!!

• as the other post, this is set up as well for 28.2e not 13e so you may have trouble installing it,

but if your using the spark upgrade plugin, place the 2 files on the root of the usb,not in a folder,when you are in the e2 upgrade plugin dont change the file location just press the button to upgrade

i still think it would be quicker and easier to install another image ,try euro-sat image in sure thats set up for 13e

• I install images in standard mode
    "" Press and hold the OK button, Turn ON the box and wait until you see the front panel say FORC. At this point, release the OK button. Press the DOWN arrow button on the box and it will display ENIG. Press and Release the OK button. ""

The load error (LD ERR) occurs during the first upload image, not during restart after the flash

• Hey taveners

It sounds like a bad flash. The main file is about 120mb and flashing should take about 1 minute.

It should load in all circumctances since you should be able to power up the box without being connected to an LNB at all - so pauldb's argument is somewhat irrelevant.

Hope this helps

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• joeuser
    Thanks for repacked image.
    Now the flash has been completed successfully without problems .

@ Championc
    "It should load in all circumctances since you should be able to power up the box without being connected to an LNB at all - so pauldb's argument is somewhat irrelevant."
    I agree with what you say.

After the flash is enough to disable , temporarily , the TV tuner to avoid delays.
    I wanted to install the setting of Vhannibal but there is no free space . I tried to free up space but also impossible to remove the plugin the "O" :06: begins to rotate in the loop at this point must be switched off the stb.

At this point I flash the last image of OATV and installed plugins favorite .

Thanks

Edited once, last by taveners ().

• I always appreciate the time someone takes to customise an image for their own needs.

With the Auto Volume Adjustment plugin, have you seen the OpenATV implementation already within the AV settings? It deals with AC3 offset, although slightly more basic. I personally have an AV amplifier that always outputs DD content at half volume compared to traditional PCM audio. It's not possible for me to adjust it across all inputs which is always frustrating as i'm constantly changing the volume!

Is it possible for you to post an extract of your oscam.conf ? I simply replaced it with my tried and tested config. I expect my PID setting is causing a problem with the integration of Oscam within OpenATV. I know I could restore your original image and look at the different that way, but I'm being lazy!

What would you say is a good feature of OpenATV, such as a reason to choose it as a preferred platform?

I'm a fan of HDMU but I must admit I have not tried every image available, mainly because of the time it takes to perfect each one for my preferred setup. Hence I appreciate the time other people take to prepare an image which they consider stable.

Thanks

• master G

Added the Label Spark 7162 Backup

Spark STI 7162 Images

Download Enigma2 Images and Spark Firmware for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!