cross epg not working help?

There are 54 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,035 times. The last Post () by JustSomebody.

• hi there,
    it has been working fine and all of a suddon its not showing any info at all unless i press on a channel then it comes up with now and next only but if i press on the same channel again it gives me full day epg which is strange?

im on version 0.8.1 i think it was and ive ben into epg settigns and ive updated everything it lets me and its still configured right ( i hope ive not changed anything) and ive noticed that when i press to download epg it only takes few seconds where as before it took at least a minute so any idea whats going on as i need the epg so set a recording tomorrow while im out?

thanks again

forgot to mention im i sing pkteams hyperion 4.5 on a amiko alien 2

• im saving to mass storage it says in settigns and ive got my usb stick connected to back of box and as for scanning on a channel will it actually make a differnce if im on say sly sports and press download rather than bbc?
    Can anyone confirm im on latest version and if theybhave got the epg up and running as it should

• Just checked catseyes list for those channels, all sky sports and BBC 1 SD channels have the full epg data..

Im not using the cats channel list as im still not 100% on how to use or update it but as for what im using normal scan then cross epg plugin and auto bouquet plugin its defo not showing the epg.

Im going to have a go at adding or using should i say the latest catseye list tomorrow now do i simply add it to a usb and put in front of box and it will pick it up or do i have to ftp it anywhere? Please be noob friendly on this. Thanks

• two things, one is have you ticked 28.2e in opentv provider, the other could be your tuner settings,ie 1 or 2 sats, if one sat the other (b) should be switch off

Thanks for reply and yeah ive got 28.2 selected in settings and as for tuners ive got tuner a diabled and tuner b enabled but apart from all that ive had it working great and ive not chaned any settings or anything but all.of a sudden its stopped working

• Ill try that thanks my only querry is its been working fine as it is so i was hoping it was more server down issue tbh rather than me having to mess about with loads. But ill give it ago in the morning

• Mines the same mate its driving me mad, I've tried everything you have and even uninstalled crossepg and reinstalled, now I've come to the conclusion its not my end.

• no mate, its driving me nuts

Can you go into settings and tell me what you have it set as ? See if yours match mine and hopefully someone ny know whats not right

- - - Updated - - -

My settings are as followed...

Opentv is set to sly uk
    now in configure......

Storage device is mass storage
    enable csv import set to no
    force epg reload on boot set to yes
    scheduled download set to once a day
    download time 3pm
    show as plugin set to yes
    show as extention set to yes
    show force reload as plugin set to no

Ive just tried to update xepgdb providers and it said 4 updated.
    ive now pressed download now and restarted box and no epg only now and next?

- - - Updated - - -

Next ive been to mounted disks and it reconised that the usb ive got plugged into back of back was allready mounted.
    Ive just now browsed the folders and in the cross epg folder ive a file called ext.epg.dat there from today at 10.26 when i last pressed down load.

Is there anyother steps i can do to get this working anyone please

• normally crossepg shows the name of the drive,not just mass storage

can i ask are you both using usb instead of a hard drive

on pkt look in the mount manager im sure there is different mount points for a hard drive or usb, may be its not mounted correctly

the other thing to try is switch opentv off and use rytec as a source, and try download that

• Thanks for reply ive noticed that when i try to update rytec providers it gives me the cannot download error and as for mounting manager it says this.....

Mount point 1 /HDD /dev/sda1

Thats mounted i just checked mount device and it says mounted.

Under that it sasy
    mount point 2/media/ and thats it theres 8 more of that under it

I know the usb is working correct as i trued to record a program on now and it recorded ok aswell.

Another edit.....

I turned off the opentv sly uk and saved. I then went to rytec providers and selected the uk one and saved. I then went back on and selected download and the download bar at bottom of screen looked like it was actually doing something pharesing data and other things popped up but when i checked the epg nothing.
    Ive restated stb and still nothing.

• ok

1 make sure you have sat to tuner A not b and switch tuner b off
    2 mount usb to media not hdd reboot

3 check in cross again to what the mount point is normally it says the name of the stick , now you can try internal flash( but try it later when all else fail)

4 do a full scan not autobouquets, maybe the radio channel has moved, cross needs that do download the epg data

5 if that fails sit down in corner humming to self and rocking head against the wall

• 1. Turned tuner b to off and tuner a says enabled and ive set the mount to media and not HDD .
    ive restarted box and ive no channels at all or epg . Im now doing the automatic scan on tuner a and c and i selected clear before scan yes.
    So far its 37 percent done and is yet to find any channels at all.
    Ill report back when its all finished. Thanks.

Note not sure if this is any good info but on back of alien 2 box theres the sat cable holes . 6 of them in total and my single sat cable ( my other goes into my sly tv box) is in the top left hole.

Also 67% now and still not found a channel.

Terrestrial
    dvb-t auto 63400000
    pass 1/2 ( tuner 0)
    Scanning 76% completed 0 channels found

Is what ive got on screen so far.

Edit....

Astra 2c/2e/2f/2g eutelsat 2a 28.2e
    dvb s 11224v 27500 2/3
    pass 2/2 tuner 2
    sacnning 28% and still no channels found so tuner b must have to be on as its not finding any channels at all paul

Edit...

Ive had to go off that now and ive turned tuner b back on and set tuner a to noting connected and im back doing a auto scan and its finding all.the channels now so ill report back when its done thanks

Edit...

Found all channels and ive restarted box. Now ive looked at crossepg settings and its now set to storage device /HDD instead of mass storage and ive saved.
    i have bow run download epg after checkimg opentv is set to sly uk and yet a again no epg is working.
    I think banging head on wall seams like only thing to do now

• thanks that's sorted mine out, I disabled crossepg and installed rytec did a manual scan and all's working well again, thanks very much, I can relax again .

- - - Updated - - -

disable crossepg mate and install the rytec one

• you did swap the cables over at the back??
    im thinking you have a problem with your cable set up
    do you have your sly box the pass through to your a2

if your using your sky box as a pass through that wont help, switch your sly box off that could be taking the sat first

we need tuner A to work, the reason im saying this i may be wrong but you have a twin tuner and i think cross is looking for tuner A regardless wether A is connected or not

also when using cross epg with opentv and a single tuner is should change over to the radio channel, does it do this

Edited once, last by pauldb ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!