cross epg not working help?

There are 54 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,118 times. The last Post () by JustSomebody.

• thanks that's sorted mine out, I disabled crossepg and installed rytec did a manual scan and all's working well again, thanks very much, I can relax again .

- - - Updated - - -

disable crossepg mate and install the rytec one

How to do that please? I turned off open tv and selected the uk one in xmltv providers but that hasnt sorted anything

- - - Updated - - -

I didnt move the cable at the back no mate. It has been workimg fine until other day so is it a cable issue as i really font want to mess about with it as ik not really any good with all this.
    As for setup i have the one dish cable into sly box and other into a spliter with then one goes into my sly again and one in my alien 2. Ive tried to do all the above with the sly box turned off and still no luck.
    is the crossepg server down? I mean can anyone confirm they have it working?
    Im not 100% sure what you mean about the radio part of your reply mate also. And just to confirm which of the 3 cable holes at the back is my dish cable ment to be in?

• Official Post

There are two method Cross EPG downloader works:-
    1. Download from the satellite. No server is involved. You must have satellite signal to the EPG frequency. This is the OpenTV epg option
    2. Download from the Internet. This is teh xmltv etc. Lately,l the servers that host the EPG data are getting hammered by Kodi devices. The Kodi Developers refused to adapt the code to randomise the downloads. The servers change from time to time.

It is not a good idea to use two sources for the same provider. I.e Do not download from the Inetrnet as well as the satellite. Just use one.

You cannot use a splitter for satellite cable using a normal LNB. Each receiver needs to have an individual cable to an LNB. This is probably why you are having problems.

• There are two method Cross EPG downloader works:-
    1. Download from the satellite. No server is involved. You must have satellite signal to the EPG frequency. This is the OpenTV epg option
    2. Download from the Internet. This is teh xmltv etc. Lately,l the servers that host the EPG data are getting hammered by Kodi devices. The Kodi Developers refused to adapt the code to randomise the downloads. The servers change from time to time.

It is not a good idea to use two sources for the same provider. I.e Do not download from the Inetrnet as well as the satellite. Just use one.

You cannot use a splitter for satellite cable using a normal LNB. Each receiver needs to have an individual cable to an LNB. This is probably why you are having problems.

Ive put a direct feed in to my box and removed the sly box alltogether for this experiment and ive gone to download the epg and still it wont download it ffs.

• try the image i posted for HDMU

- - - Updated - - -

also shouldnt make a differance but what have you formated your usb too

Usb is formatted to fat32 but im going t wipe it clean now and try fresh see if that helps

edit...

that didnt work out well, i formatted usb and when put back in box i tried to use cxrossepg and it gave loads of errors like cannot open database and no nims found i think other was. ive now uninstalled crossepg and reinstalled and imputting what i had on my usb back on and im going to try again.

my seem a tad daft but cant anyone share whats in there cross epg folder and i could put that on my usb and it may work??

• Can i ask which rytec one is for the sly uk channels as there are a few uk ones and a virgin one?

I tried to tick a few of the rytec ones amd after taking ages to download it managed to get me a few channels with 7 day epg. Only a few hd ones but no sly ones or anything so thats progress i suppose.
    On the other hand when i tried to use opentv uk one it just gives the error cannot open epg.dat?

• Official Post

Can you confirm that you can receive the frequency/transponder that is used for the EPG data. If you cannot, you will always have problems using OpenTV EPG data and possibly some other channels.

Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Signal/Sat Finder
    Change values to what is in picture.

• How do infind that info out mate? Also ive had the epg working fine before but past few days its been off so im guessing i can get the frequency

• Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Signal/Sat Finder
    Change values to what is in picture.

Snr is 3 quarters full and says 75 % 75% ber undneath is empty and signal under that has a green tick mate

- - - Updated - - -

As it stands ive got channel bbc 1 2 itv chan 4 and channel 5 all with the full epg . But none of.other ones are working and everytgime i try to download it just goes.through a process of downloading and then says cannot open epg.dat error

• So check this out . Ive changed nothing at all since my original post and ive just decided to trybout opentv for epg and it started to download and now it works ??? So what on earth went on? Was the server for epg down or what as i have no idea?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!