HDMU latest stable backup by pauldb alien2 28.2e and cable(optional)

There are 160 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 47,518 times. The last Post () by alcomurray.

• BINGO loaded pauldb modified image, all working, even managed to get some picons in via ftp. Now just have to play and set it up to my liking.
    A big thank you pauldb, no idea why had the problem's, maybe signal issue ! but all working nice image.
    Thanks

glad you have got there at last,

all i would suggest is once a week just flip the switch on and off just before you go to bed, hey if vermin and sly tell you do this on support why not me as well,lol

• glad you have got there at last,

all i would suggest is once a week just flip the switch on and off just before you go to bed, hey if vermin and sly tell you do this on support why not me as well,lol

lol keep up the great work Pauldb.

• Paul on your pics on first post when your on the now and next screen bbc one. How do you get the picture on end after turbo? It looks ace and m8ne just says new sly skin image cheers

• Can anyone please upload 'HDD Mount Manager' plugin?
    I had to go with a fresh install of HDMU and can't find the plugin anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

• Great image works on the ICECRYPT 3750 with no issues. Very slick on channel changes and easy to install. Changed skin and changed settings from cable to terrestrial with esse. One question can the firmware from this image be upgraded to the latest HDMU 14858 and settings restored, I suspect not. Do you plan creating another backup image using the latest HDMU firmware. In the meantime thanks for, in my opinion, the best Enigma 2 backup image for my satellite box.

• Hi Paul,

just installed this backup all working great and seems more stable than vix4project , i am having a problem with key , it was working ok before box crashed and i installed this backup i have put into usr/key both the oscam svr file and newcam.lst version neither works , i have just read you have to restart box from switch on back not just through restart on box will try that , i have setup oscam and tried it with that no joy, so i then tried mgcam and made that active and tried that no joy

i will do a total turn off of box now but have you any other suggestions , the other issue i have found is that if i generate a roi bouqet it doesnt actually show despite going trough all the settings any thoughts on that , the roi channels are there but in all channels is it just a wrong bouqet setting that i cant see?

• This image worked flawlessly for nearly a month or so then just started to crash randomly..while displaying run on the satbox, its such a shame as until then it was one of the most stable images I ever had, reverted back to a slightly shaky vix image , better than nothing I suppose..

Using Amiko AlienII, with external 32Gb cruzer usb, when I selected an Irish channel it just crashed the last time I used it....cant understand it as I followed all original instructions closely, I also tried to install the updated image without picons and again just crashed upon start up, very strange... Thanks anyway Mr Pauldb

• This image worked flawlessly for nearly a month or so then just started to crash randomly..while displaying run on the satbox, its such a shame as until then it was one of the most stable images I ever had, reverted back to a slightly shaky vix image , better than nothing I suppose..

Using Amiko AlienII, with external 32Gb cruzer usb, when I selected an Irish channel it just crashed the last time I used it....cant understand it as I followed all original instructions closely, I also tried to install the updated image without picons and again just crashed upon start up, very strange... Thanks anyway Mr Pauldb

the image can get bogged down with the epg.dat file, every now and again its best to delete it,i do it once a month, you can tell cause the image seams to slow down a bit on loading the guide
    also

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Paul,

just installed this backup all working great and seems more stable than vix4project , i am having a problem with key , it was working ok before box crashed and i installed this backup i have put into usr/key both the oscam svr file and newcam.lst version neither works , i have just read you have to restart box from switch on back not just through restart on box will try that , i have setup oscam and tried it with that no joy, so i then tried mgcam and made that active and tried that no joy

i will do a total turn off of box now but have you any other suggestions , the other issue i have found is that if i generate a roi bouqet it doesnt actually show despite going trough all the settings any thoughts on that , the roi channels are there but in all channels is it just a wrong bouqet setting that i cant see?

ok what does your oscam.server file say inside (without the juicy bits),also are you using the one with ABM or autobouqets 28.2e

• Trying it out, interesting features (like specially the Hotkey Setup panel, I missed that a lot in enigmas I tried out lately), works as advertised if rather slow in menus all over. I did activate the swap per instructions if that matters. Had hard time changing region to CET because the menu doesn't show scroll bar.

I changed the A tuner from Cable to Terrestrial and sent in my own setting and works just fine.

Will try different skins, don't like the included one, and see if it will run faster and look better with another one.

OK update - installed skin 'Kerni-HD 1 R2' and let it use the easy wizard it offered after installation (didn't see such involved skin setup before) and it is now fast in menus and in Channel Selection menu even when moving the selection over HD channels (had big problems with this on PKT Hyperion 5.1 image when the selection on HD channels from terrestrial broadcast would stick for like two seconds or even longer before allowing to be moved further and then it jumped one channel...).

Looks like a keeper, thanks a lot pauldb, you made my day. :welldone:

Edited 6 times, last by vinov ().

• Trying it out, interesting features, works as advertised if rather slow in menus all over. I did activate the swap per instructions if that matters. Had hard time changing region to CET because the menu doesn't show scroll bar.

Will try different skins, don't like the included one, and see if it will run faster and look better with another one.

can i ask how many tuners you are using,this is set up for twin sat on 28.2 and uk cable,if at any time you only have one feed it is slow,the other un used tuners need to be switch off,
    im still using this and the menus is fast on mine

• I only configured tuners right after restoring your backup. BTW I flashed the second version you uploaded which should 'load better' (BTW how did you make it 'different'? Are they both backups from Spark's plugin_e2upgrade.s or maybe the first one was from within enigma itself?)

I changed terrestrial tuner A to mode T (from C)

Both Sat tuners I set to 'Advanced' and set 'B' to Hotbird 13E with LNB activated (but currently there's no cable/dish connected to this tuner - I suppose it is better to deactivate it (set it to not-configured) so the enigma is not trying to read EPG from it and perhaps have to wait till the request times out?), the other sat tuner 'C' I set to Astra 19.2E and this one is connected to my smaller 60cm parabola and is working.

Seeing your post in the morning, I started the box to check the tuners before posting and the box got stuck longer than couple minutes somewhere in the start sequence, when it doesn't output video yet and says Run and very slowly counts something, maybe minutes? I cycled the switch on the back and then it started OK. However it started to 'empty' Channel Selection but when I shut down last night ('deep standby' and then the switch on the back to off) it was on one of the dvb-t channels (that would not be a big thing even if it always started to empty channel selection...).

Right now I went to set that B tuner to 'not-configured' and when saving the state you get the dialog about 'deleting the satelite' (with options yes, no, yes to all, no to all)... Does that mean deleting the setting for that satelite? But then if you select yes to all, does it delete setting even for other tuners or what?

The new skin has size info of recorded movies, not just time duration which is nice, however I used to set recording timer by opening Channel selection menu and then pressing Info button which would open Single channel EPG for the channel that was the selection was on - and I could press Exit to return to Channel selection and move the selection to another channel without switching to it and pressing Info would open SingleEPG for that channel... with this enigma, I have to activate the channel for it to be selected in the SingleEPG. It was very convenient for setting recording timer for days up ahead for number of channels. Took me a lot of figuring to even manage it so it works with this need for the channels being activated (Info button needs to be set to show SingleEPG on short press). In any case, I give the hotkey plugin run to the fullest configuring keys since it looks I will be using this enigma for long time.

• I know what you saying, but I have been trying many enigmas this past winter and only few ran reasonably fast - mainly speed of selections in menus, and then mainly in the Channel selection menu where the selection can be slow to move to another channel when you press arrow down or up, and this mainly affects dvb-t channels, sometimes it is just dvb-t HD channels (I suspect not much attention is paid to terrestrial reception by enigma developers). Some enigmas ran reasonably fast after install but in couple days of putting them through paces and doing some 'innocent' menu configuration, they would start slowing down to the point when I would just give up and try something else. This HDMU backup of yours with this different skin runs for me as fast as Spark LOL and that is something. If it won't break, I will be happy camper, nevermind some UK specific additions which I can probably uninstall and even if I couldn't. I used Spark side of Alien2 for years because I couldn't find enigma fast enough to be like Spark but with more features.

Though I might try new HDMU install llater on and see how it goes. Last year I remember I tried fresh HDMU, also tried CaptainBlast HDMU backup from here but I think it was slow or something and I didn't keep those installs long. How did you manage to get your backup so small? Mine typically have some 127MB uncompressed. I do backups from that Spark 'plugin-e2upgrade.s' plugin.

Last couple enigmas I tried, OpenDroid v5.5 and OpenESI-3.0 didn't show EPG information in the Channel Selection or in EPG menu at all, just in Infobar, which tells the story how dvb-t side of enigmas is paid attention to (I did mention that on Italien OpenEsi forum but who know if or when that might be paid attention to).

I use dvb-t tuner because receiving those same channels from satelite would mean buying card and paying monthly subscription (Czech Republic).

I tested and this enigma starts into the 'last viewed channel' from standby but not from deep standby or complete shutdown, then it goes to empty view and need to press OK, Blue, OK to get into my favorites and select a channel. It gets into way when I use 'History' button since it cycles back to this 'empty' view and then it won't go further. Perhaps I will try to set one particular channel to show upon enigma start, I think there is that possibility in menus.

BTW there is skin mixup it seems, I wrote I installed skin "'Kerni-HD 1 R2'" but actually it looks like I actually installed skin "mymetrix (2.0.14full)". It seems that there is confusion in 'preview' picture between those two, I looked into it now and can't tell which I do have or how to tell which of them I do have. Anyway I include couple pics here.

• thats a good skin kerni i used it all the time
    also karbo (or something like that)

there is a problem will all the openatv type images, they just dont work,sorry to say it but the dont,get very slow and a problem with the key presses

as for the image i just use spark to back up and i would reboot the box weekly

i would remove a lot of what you want either by the plugins or just use ftp

• Thanks for the tips, normally I shut down nightly unless I schedule recordings I don't want to get up for at night or remember they are due next day. I did a backup and now will do some cleanup as you suggest.

Spark STI 7162 Images

Download Enigma2 Images and Spark Firmware for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!