Setting up tuners on VUsolo2

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,628 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Trying to set up my tuners as I have problems fixing other sat positions :-
    I am currently connected to 28.2 on a motorised system. I currently have tuner A connected to advance and B loop-through to A.
    I am getting a very good signal on 28.2 and I am sure the sat set-up is OK. I am getting contradicting info regarding which tuner I should set as advanced or simple?

Can someone give me the correct set-up for Diseqc or usals. Thanks.

• Hi, only trying to get the truth. on the 24-07-2013, "Mckee25" posted this and I think it a sticky. "Tuner A is connected the motorised dish,and is being used in the in Advanced setting. ect ect.
    Sorry if you are upset, and I will use your info tomorrow.

Sorry I have just re-read the post and it say A to Advance and B to Simple. My mistake did not carry on reading after A assuming b was loop-through. Just shows you what you get for assuming, sorry again and thanks for your help.

Edited 4 times, last by carrier: Update ().

• Official Post

If you are referring to this: http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=25334&p=95932&viewfull=1#post95932
    you are misreading it. "This is a quick tutorial to show the tuner configuration settings for a Motorised dish setup without using Usals"

That tutorial is for non-usals. It does not say that you must use tuner A, it just happened to be his setup when he was doing the tutorial. The important thing is to configure the tuner to what is connected to it.

The inability to internal loop from A to B is specific to some receivers, it does not apply to every receiver. Some even have hardware loop through which works perfectly fine from A to B.

Only trying to help. I'll avoid posting in your threads if it avoids conflict.

• Official Post

There are two issues which you are mixing up and causing you confusion.

1. You cannot loop through on a Solo 2/TM Nano 2 Super/Nano 3T Combo from Tuner A to B. You can loop through from B to A fine. Just accept it.

2. There is an easy way and hard way to do things. There is more than one way to skin a cat too. The Admin/mods here do a good job. They would not deliberatly ask people to do things the complicated way. They try to make things as easy as possible for the users.

• Carrier, you dont say the image but try this method.

1. put motorised cable to LNB2, and this is tuner B. Put dixed cable to lnb1, nearest the side and this is TUNER A.

2. Set up tuner A as simple, single, sat is 28east .send diseq no,

3. tuer B is simple, positioner, longitude put in yours, west unless you are beyond london ie toward kent then its east, latitude and that is north. save and your done.

Now I dont know where you left dish before you disconnected from old receiver but say its on 0.8 west just select a channel and see if it opens.

4. to lat and longitude i sue google maps, you can also use a sat nav, or you can use dishpointer.

I use openatv5.1 and I have tuners configured to auto, I get tuner A on banner when on 28east and B on banner when on say 0.8west. To get dish to 28east I start a recoding say bbc1, then select 28east and select channel 4 and press ok, then when channel opens Tuner B should appear. This works for me.

• Thanks for all your help, I have the dish on 28.2 and set my tuners like this B to simple, and A to loop through to B.
    It came back as tuner no configured this is the fault that has been plaguing me no and off for some weeks now. About 10 days ago the motor would not move the dish and I notice the light was not on,so I purchased a new motor.

I connected the new one the motor light came on and I set it to 28.2. Then I went back to the receiver and it said tuner not configured so I thought it must be the tuner so after trying different tuner setting including using B only I brought a new VUsolo2.

After setting it up it worked on 28.2 until I switched it off. When I switched it back on the next day it said tuner not configured,
    That's when I started asking for help.

Guess what the problem is, I think the sat cable as an internal break in it, that connects and the disconnects, I had looked at the connections to the motor and receiver, and when at the motor the light was on. I will replace it tomorrow.

So if in fact if you think you are unlucky, there is always someone more unlucky ME :06:

Edited 2 times, last by carrier ().

• Official Post

"Tuner not configured" is a software issue.

If satellite cable was broken, that is a hardware issue. As the receivers do not have AI, you would just get a "Tune failed" notification.

Have you got any ports open on your router to allow you to stream the receiver to a mobile? If so, perhaps someone is messing around with the tuner configuration?

• Hi

Read you first post again. If you only have one cable connected to one dish you only need one Tuner and it can be either A or B but I found that using tuner B better and as you are motorised you have to use either USALS or diseqc so the bit about tuner A and loop through is a total no no. Just connect cable from motorised dish to LNB2 and do this , simple, positioner, longitude put in yours, west unless you are beyond london ie toward kent then its east, latitude and that is north. save and your done.

use this link for usals its even easier than the other methods, just type in your address and read off the 2 figures lat and long.

http://www.bing.com/maps/

For A just say " not configured"

And can you say what image you are using? In fact you should always quote image when posting and if you are using a mac instead of a windows pc was we all assume its windows. The more information the easier it is to answer. Also if you are confused about USALS just say so as well. I doubt if cable is wrong as you did say you had a picture.

Edited 3 times, last by bmitie: add a bit to make it easier to understand ().

• Official Post

For images that suport internal loop through, "loopthrough" is better than "not configured". You get the ability to record more channels even though you only have one tuner connected.

Please try it if you are not convinced.

One tuner connected. Other disabled
    Record ITV on 10906. Have a look on the 28.2 list, majority will be greyed out, only 11 odd channels will be available.

One tuner connected. Tuner with no cable set to loopthrough
    Once you set the other tuner to "loopthrough". You sould find that all the chanenls on that quadrant are availble to select. You can record, view, stream, use picture in picture.

• Abu, I had all that, apart from having the tuners connected the wrong way round.

The LNB I hope not will have to take the dish down.. help

- - - Updated - - -

Abu, Just started the box up and looked out of the window and saw the green light on the motor, then it flashed orange, and then off.

Edited once, last by carrier ().

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!