show external ip

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,167 times. The last Post () by davvo.

• Hi I'm looking to know is there a way to see the external ip of my reciever on the tv screen rather than using telnet on the laptop?? I'm using a vu duo 2 running the latest build of vix. Thanks

• Hi I'm looking to know is there a way to see the external ip of my reciever on the tv screen rather than using telnet on the laptop?? I'm using a vu duo 2 running the latest build of vix. Thanks

"internal ip" usually refers to the "real" ip on the local network, "external ip" usually refers to the "external" internet address of your router as seen by others from the internet. So, not sure exactly which one you want... For the internal maybe the suggestion above, for the internet external address, that would be more tricky...

• ok for anybody like me looking to know how to do this i have figured it out, i just had a brain wave and decided to try something. so to find out your external ip and show it on your tv screen using your remote just simply create a file and name it check_ip.sh and write the command, External_IP: IP `wget -qO- http://ipecho.net/plain;echo`and ftp the file to usr/scripts then go to script manager via tspanel and press ok on the script check_ip and hey presto your external ip shown on your tv screen, great if your using a vpn like me and have it set to ramdomly pick a server and you want to know if the server is close to you for a faster responce time for streaming a movie etc.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!