Oscam log to big!!!

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,770 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Hi, I'm running cccam/oscam on a Dreambox500 s and on tmp is creating 2 log (oscam.log and oscam.log.prev) the oscam.log.prev is always a file with more than 1mb which is to big as 500s has a small memory. In oscam.conf i have disablelog = 0.

What can i do to solve this.

Thanks

• Hi, I'm running cccam/oscam on a Dreambox500 s and on tmp is creating 2 log (oscam.log and oscam.log.prev) the oscam.log.prev is always a file with more than 1mb which is to big as 500s has a small memory. In oscam.conf i have disablelog = 0.

What can i do to solve this.

Thanks

To disable the log you set the value to '1'

If you want to keep a log but limit the size - 'maxlogsize = 512' (1/2 MB)

• Thank you for your answer, but why is creating 2 log's?

It appears to me that once the OSCam.log file gets to its max sixe that you set in the config, then it backs up this file as oscam.log-prev, so if you reduced your log size then once you reach this smaller limit the oscam.log-prev will be a smaller file. If you want to delete it then it won't cause any harm, it is just a log file.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!