Transponder scan problems

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,381 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi guys.

I have just scanned my dm 500s on 28.2e and I just get 25 services scanned and sometimes nothing. The signals read Snr 65%, Agc 93%, Ber 0%. It just get a few channels scanned thats all and I do not get all the channels. I am using the Open pli beta image. Any help, ideas or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks

• try a new image and make sure its set to 28.2 east in settings do a full scan should take 25 mins and if you dont get at least 600 channels theres always buying a guaranteed box from our sponsor and using the d500 as a doorstopper m8

• Sorry guys took a while getting back on. I used the dreambox edit and uploaded the channel settings list to the dreambox but i observed that only the scanned channel list worked. The signal still shows Snr 63%, Agc 93%, Ber 0% or sometimes Snr. 64%, Agc 93%, Ber 886% in order words no joy. this is a fairly new box and so I want to really be sure that it is no good before chucking it away

• ok mate the "Tuner" is the piece of hardware inside he box that demodulates the signal and is direcly attached to the silver screw type connection which the cable screws onto !
    try using dreambox edit and upload an enigma1 chennal list to your box ! you have to Reload the settings on ya box with dream edit program to activate the settings and even then i still do a manual reboot !
    Mate if your still stuck later we could try uploading a channel list to your box remotely then you'll know for sure ! As Caz says though,there is nothing better than learning ya-self ! To upload a channel list to your box remotely would require router settings to be altered ! namely port forwarding FTP 21 !
    Good luck mate and the offers there if your in doubt !

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• DODGY= not 100%
    TUNER= module to "tune in" search frequencies.
    Another thing which has occured to me is your geographical position,,it depends where you are to be able to recieve ALL 28,2º channels.
    After checking your IP location this is not your problem so if I were you I would get up the ladder to reposition the dish/lnb alignment.
    try this :http://linuxsat-support.com/ch…ide-how-use-dreamset.html and add the latest settings.
    let us know how you get on ;)

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!