jade image with vlc player on dreambox 500s

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,321 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi everyone.....

i have the lattest pli jade image on a dreambox 500s,and i want to stream this on another pc with vlc player on my network....

1. i have got dreambox connected up.
    2. i enter my ip for dreambox, and username and password (root) + (dreambox)
    3. then go to stream and check ip and port 8080
    4. click on link for vlc player and vlc opens up and does nothing.....

also when installed(vlc) i added firefox plugin,and the lattest version...
    i have read so many different posts, but none of them are upto date....

can anyone help???????

• I'm going to make a couple of assumptions...

1) You are using the standard PLi image
    2) You are trying to stream via their 'movieplayer' add-on.

I know there is an issue which as of version 3 had not been fixed. However if you download the latest stable OpenPLi image it should work ok.

To be honest, I gave up on their movieplayer plugin for the dreambox, I found it pixellated very readily but then my hardware sucks so you may get better results. If I'm totally wrong about the assumptions...sorry :)

• try this: download the 0.86b version :download:
    in your search engine enter the dream IP ,,enter username + password( I hope its not dreambox) ENIGMA WEB INTERFACE will/ should open,
    if you have the the appropiate activeX plugins then click on web_x_tv ( on the left of screen) will open a new window with vision..
    I only use vlc 0.86b ( the newer versions don?t open vision window for me (W7x64)??compatibility issues?? ) for the activeX plugins ,not the actual vlc player
    caz ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!