Multi dish, one cable to receiver?

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,398 times. The last Post () by 9had.

• Hello everyone,

I think it's first time I am posting but have been using forum for solutions some time now.

Forgive me if this has been already answered/asked. I could not find it.

Here it goes...

I currently have a flat dish, connected to my Vu+ solo2 box. And it works fine, but I would like to add another dish, but avoid an extra cable running thru the house/walls.

Would this be doable and what would it require?

• Check this out from the sponsor:

This switch enables switching between 4 LNB's on one satellite dish or separate satellite dishes into one receiver.

This switch is made with high quality items and as been individually tested by the manufacture. It is suitable for both indoors or outdoors installation.

This is a High Performance and is HDTV DVB-S2 Compliant DiSEqC Switch.

Read down the linked page to get an idea of connections
    Technomate TM-4S DISEqC 4 Way Switch

Although this would mean occupying a lot of wall space with so many dishes..so why not simply look for a motor/dish combination which you can find on sponsor´s site too!!

• Thanks for the link. Seems to be what I need, but will look into it a bit more.

Reasons for this setup are several...
    - Not permitted to use standard dishes
    - Flat dish are not motorised yet. not the ones I could find anyway.
    - I already have one spare, that lays unopened, so wish to put it to use.

• Cazuela, I think you don't understand.
    He have reveiver with 2 Tuners and he wants to use 2 sattelite dishes connected into Solo 2 to watch 2 differents channels.

9had, I think it's not possible.

Poslato sa Huawei P8 lite

• Cazuela, I think you don't understand.
    He have reveiver with 2 Tuners and he wants to use 2 sattelite dishes connected into Solo 2 to watch 2 differents channels.

9had, I think it's not possible.

I already have one cable dragged that connects my receiver and a dish, and it works. Now I want, an extra dish to that receiver, but without extra cable connecting to receiver.

(there is a delay in my posts mod need to approve them, i had one post before radjas, but it still is not shown)

• hi sorry to introduce in the post, if i undesthud you want another dish for wats? another satelllite ? foreing?

or for the same??????? is twin lnb and another cable

only for other sat same cable with disceq 2 dish 1 and dish 2 fedd with the same cable you have . ps sorry my english

• It will be for two different satellites.

a7ac4b1d6cd2e78938d6.jpg

• yes ? is discq 2 but dish 2have to be in other sat

it will be.
    i wish to watch 0.8W and 13E. so it will be different sats, and will not be watched/recorded at same time. or at least, that is not the requirement at the moment.

• 9had, you have 2 solutions:

1. Use 2 LNB-s on same antenna dish and connected in Diseq switch and then connected to one cable to one Tuner on Solo 2;

2. Use 2 LNB-s on two differents antenna dish and connected to Diseq switch and next connected to 1 Tuner on Solo 2.

• It would be difficult if not next to impossible to recieve 0.8W and 13E. on same dish..the angle arc is too far apart for a flatdish..
    That is why I suggested the diseqc switch which runs the cables from different LNBs to one diseqc switch cable connected to the STB...
    it automatically switches from one sat to the other depending on which channel you wish to view..

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!