my VU SOLO is dead

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,470 times. The last Post () by morgspice.

• Hello
    After changing boot of my VU solo by the DUO boot, device is dead, just red led.
    please help.. any expert can help.

• Thanks for fast reply.
    But, i've done that step before.. the device still in red light.
    I own this device since 3 years, I does many updates secssufully. but this time I dont know what happen.
    please give me another solution..

• Thanks for fast reply.
    But, i've done that step before.. the device still in red light.
    I own this device since 3 years, I does many updates secssufully. but this time I dont know what happen.
    please give me another solution..

Did you flash your Solo with a Duo image by mistake? If so -

I'm not sure if this will work but you could try and see ( you will need a null modem cable!) -

Switch the box off at the back
    Open putty and choose a serial connection - speed must be set to 115200 and choose the COM port.
    Turn the box on, you should see some text scrolling on the putty screen.
    Now use the ctrl + c key to stop the booting.
    copy the following line in the screen:

boot -z -elf flash0.kernel: 'rootfstype=jffs2 root=/dev/mtdblock0 rw mem=0x8000000 bcmrac=3`

The box now reboot from the flash, so watch your box.
    Then open telnet and put in the following line.

flash_eraseall /dev/mtd5

and after that, the following line

reboot -f

If all that goes well you can hopefully flash with your desired Solo image!

• hello to all

help pls
    i wana repaire my vu+solo , i have the cable nul modem , and i dont sey to worck the prosudure .

sorry for my bade english , im in algeria i m arabic and i speack arabic and french and no mush english
    mest regard

• Have you followed sandmans tutorial?

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• i conect the por and the folowing screw is black and smaul vert point in the left,

une page est ouverte mais noire , est rien est passer apret . sorry for the french langage

and best regard thanck you for this poste

• Hi, i'm having the same problem and just tried the above, it just said kernal panic rebooting in 180 seconds, thats it, nothing, also was trying to flash using the vu+util but got a error -21 message, totally lost, any help please

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!