Help flashing bootloader on Vu+SOLO

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,371 times. The last Post () by Sandman.

• Hi guys im new here

Signed up after i bought a VU+ solo

Im trying to update the bootloader before flashing an image because the VTI image on there already is very buggy and causes alot of green screens

But when i formatted the usb stick to FAT32 and made the directories as stated here http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…-boot-loader-upgrade.html

All that happens is the front led keep flashing non stop, i have tried it a hundred times but no difference

Is there something im missing?

Also how do you know if your bootloader hasnt already been updated because i only bought it two weeks ago and the seller flashed it with VTI image for me

Any help much appreciated

• No need to upgrade bootloader mate
    if you have problem with your image i say lash one good back up from backup section it will save you a lot of time

Cheers for the reply Benkurd mate

Sorry if im being a bit thick but whats the difference between a backup image and a full image like VIX team or Blackhole?

• The latest VTI image for solo is dated 09.10.2011, it doesnt use this bootloader so i doubt your solo will have it pre-loaded.

Download the cfe_solo_2.0.zip‎, right click on the file and extract HERE with winrar, you will see a folder named VUPLUS, copy and paste this folder to your USB drive.

Switch off the solo and add the USB drive to the front port, switch back on, flashing the bootloader should only take a few seconds.

Green led will flash on front panel when upgrade is complete, make sure no other USB devices or sticks are connected.

If it doesnt upgrade try another USB stick as sometimes these boxes can be very picky even with sticks that have previously worked fine.

• Thanks for the reply Dave

I only have the one usb stick at the moment i borrowed it for the task, i formatted it to fat32 made the directories and every time the red light comes on the turns green and keeps flashing non stop

whats the difference between a backup image and a full image like VIX team or Blackhole

You will need to flash the bootloader if you are going to try latest ViX or BlackHole image.

Backup image is basically a full image with cams, plugins, channel lists etc added, that are not included in official images.

• You will need to flash the bootloader if you are going to try latest ViX or BlackHole image.

Backup image is basically a full image with cams, plugins, channel lists etc added, that are not included in official images.

Is there any image i can flash that doesnt need the bootloader upgrade? Dont need anything fancy just need a new image as the one on it is unusable

• You can use Blackhole 1.6.6, ViX Solo Image v2.3 - 19/10/2011 or any of the older images.

every time the red light comes on the turns green and keeps flashing non stop.

Upgrade is successful when it flashes like this, now try to flash the latest image.

• You can use Blackhole 1.6.6, ViX Solo Image v2.3 - 19/10/2011 or any of the older images.

Upgrade is successful when it flashes like this, now try to flash the latest image.

Is it sucessful when itblinks green non stop?

Will i brick the box if i try flash a new image now and the bootloader didnt update?

Ill just flash it with one of the old images to be safe, hopefully that will work

Is it sucessful when it blinks green non stop?

Yes m8.

Will i brick the box if i try flash a new image now and the bootloader didnt update?

No, you will get a black screen and the image wont load, it will work fine by trying to upgrade the bootloader again.

Dont be afraid to try the new image, you wont brick it unless you flash an image for DUO or Ultimo, even then it can be fixed with the great help of this forum.

• Thanks for your help mate i appreciate it, I flashed the blackhole image mentioned above and all is fine at the moment, it flashed no problem (makes me think it was sucessful earlier at upgrading the bootloader), so I might try flash the latest images later on if i get bored of this one

Are there many advantages to the new images that require the upgraded bootloader?

• Thanks for your help mate i appreciate it, I flashed the blackhole image mentioned above and all is fine at the moment, it flashed no problem (makes me think it was sucessful earlier at upgrading the bootloader), so I might try flash the latest images later on if i get bored of this one

Are there many advantages to the new images that require the upgraded bootloader?

There are loads of new features worth upgrading to 1.7.0 for ( 1.7.1 is out later today, keep an eye out for it!)

Flashing the boot loader will only take a few seconds, just ensure you download the one for the Solo as a few people have misloaded them!

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!