Router

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 851 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• I have got a new router to replace the home hub 5, it's a netgear wireless dual band gigabit
    router WNDR3700v4. Do I just have to unplug one and connect the other without making any
    adjustments to still be able to cs.

• Yes monkified I will let you know but I might not do it straight away, you say I need to
    put the BT user name and password in but the netgear one has its own user and pass.
    Should I put the same port forward as is in the hub5

• Yes monkified I will let you know but I might not do it straight away, you say I need to
    put the BT user name and password in but the netgear one has its own user and pass.
    Should I put the same port forward as is in the hub5

The user & password your referring to with the netgear router you have tooth are the default one's to access the user interface within the netgear router itself bud.... what monkified has posted is correct, you will need to input in the advanced page on the netgear router admin page you username for for BT broadband. It's usually something like (yourname.user@btbroadband.com) the password can be left blank... also the connection mode needs to be changed to "always on".

After that is done and the internet connection is established then you will need to input your DNS details and then setup port forwarding as well...

If you need any help then just PM me....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!