Freezing Picture

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,242 times. The last Post () by Prophet.

• Ok I hope someone might be able to help me. I`m having freezing problems on my Sat boxes. At the moment I have a VU+ Duo and a VU+ Duo2. I also had the same problem on a Dreambox DM-518-s.

The freezing is only on my card sharing Ch.’s (not freesat etc). I`m running Cccam on both boxes. I`ve tried different versions of Cccam. My main sat box the Duo2 has Cccam 2.3.0. The image I’m using is BH the most up to date version. It was the same on earlier versions of BH as well. I`ve also tried other images.

I’m on Fast Fibre. I`m yards away from my local phone exchange the green fibre boxes are in the BT grounds yards from me. I had the same problem when I was on normal broadband. I`ve had an engineer from my broadband company come to my house and check broadband in the house and had external test done outside and from the exchange. All have found nothing. I`ve had this freezing on other image as well a Vix image (still using Cccam). I`ve never had and broadband issues all great speeds.

The chap I get the lines from for the Cccam (who I know and lives local to me so I trust him) says no one else has the same problem. He’s asked loads of others no one else is coming back with similar problem.

I`ve tried loads of things, one Ethernet cable direct from router to Duo2 I`ve tried different cables also different routers still the same. Also I have Home plugs in the house going to the Duo that freezes the same time as the Duo2.

The freezing happens all the time as I’m doing this it froze at 5.10pm, 5.22pm, 5.31pm, 5.35pm, 5.48pm, 5.50pm. 6pm, 6.30pm, 6.36pm, 6.45pm, 6.57pm, 7pm, 7.01pm. This is just a sample from tonight.

Now that’s just a normal night (I`m watching Sky Sports News) but it can happen on any pay channel. Films, Sports, Kids Ch.’s. Like I said the free Ch.’s are OK. I`ve tried changing LNB still the same. The Duo2 is run of a different dish/lnb than the Duo so different cables/lnb The freezing can just last a few seconds 3 or 4 seconds or can be as bad as 1,2, or 3 mins. It’s all so random I cannot really find a pattern. The nearest pattern I can see is on the hour it seems to stand out the most when it freezes.

Can anyone think of what it could be. I`m going to take my sat box to another house tomorrow. The last time I did this it was working fine. But I don’t think I did it long enough to be 100% sure so that’s why doing it again.

PS. Both VU+ Duo`s are 100% legit bought from UK shop VU+ sellers

Edited once, last by bigkenny ().

• The chap I get the lines from

this is the bit i'm having trouble with its like you answered the question yourself [The chap I get the lines from ] but sorry if i miss understood

well hes telling me NO one else is reporting the same issue I`m having.

- - - Updated - - -

Try older versions of black hole latest don't like cccam to much .
    Try setting up with Oscam

well I`m trying to get my head round Oscam I`ve got it installed just not got a round to setting it up correctly. This was something I was trying to do. But the earlier version of BH what version should I try. I will have a look and see what I can do

• Try older versions of black hole latest don't like cccam to much .
    Try setting up with Oscam

Well I`ve gone back to BH version 2.1.2. I`ve not done any online updates just a new reflash with 2.1.2. I`ve got it all reset back up and got Cccam 2.3.0 running. its been running for 65mins so far and just saw a slight freeze/pic breakup 2-3 seconds so will test longer and give update later.

Thanks for this

- - - Updated - - -

Well I`ve gone back to BH version 2.1.2. I`ve not done any online updates just a new reflash with 2.1.2. I`ve got it all reset back up and got Cccam 2.3.0 running. its been running for 65mins so far and just saw a slight freeze/pic breakup 2-3 seconds so will test longer and give update later.

Thanks for this

well it just came back again a 2nd time about 70mins from original startup of 2.1.2 so this is not the silver bullet :-(

• Do yourself a favor pal and buy yourself a subscription it don't have to be the top package and start card sharing for the channels your missing, your always going to have freezing etc with pay servers as they overload their servers. Pay servers don't get any support on here pal

• thread closed, no support for pay servers here

I dont pay for the lines!

I know the rules it was a question I had to ask. The same box with the same software works in another house

- - - Updated - - -

Do yourself a favor pal and buy yourself a subscription it don't have to be the top package and start card sharing for the channels your missing, your always going to have freezing etc with pay servers as they overload their servers. Pay servers don't get any support on here pal

I dont pay for any lines. But you all seem to have made your minds up. Anyway thanks I had to ask.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!