Recommend linux HD receiver with a proper 7 day EPG for under £160

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,672 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Looking for the cheapest linux HD receiver with a proper 7 day EPG. I know I can go down the DM clone route, but would like to know if there are any other options below £160. Primarily it would be used as a client setup but would be good if it could work as a server aswell. Any thoughts?

• Looking for the cheapest linux HD receiver with a proper 7 day EPG. I know I can go down the DM clone route, but would like to know if there are any other options below £160. Primarily it would be used as a client setup but would be good if it could work as a server aswell. Any thoughts?

Do you want a box with a single or dual tuner? If you could push yourself to £200 you would have a lot more options!

• I have been looking at getting a Gigablue HD 800 solo for around the £160 mark now runs E2 images support from a couple of good teams

also now supports cccam/oscam and a lot of the E2 plugins work with the box

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.

• I just bought a Gigablue HD 800 Solo and the potential is amazing for the price - look around and you could get it for about £150 including delivery - I don't think there is any UK stock, but there are UK companies that drop ship from European suppliers. Best get it direct though and you will get it at the price you want, and it takes less than a week to get it from Europe. It can run the Open AAF image, and the guys are working very hard to get this right, as well as other images. Worth a look. I am definitely sticking with mine and once I have had a bit more of a play you will hear more about it here...

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• The Gigablue 800 sounds good,thanks for the info. Hopefully you can help with a couple of questions

1. Does the box accept standard Enigma 2 channel lists like Catseyes. VHannibal etc?
    2. Can you install Cool TV EPG or at least something similar to the VIX EPG?
    3. Is it easy to flash images through the USB?
    4. Can it play movies through USB and via another receive like VU+ Duo?

• Best get it direct though and you will get it at the price you want, and it takes less than a week to get it from Europe.

hi, could you give a link where to buy it please, if allowed, thanks

• The Gigablue 800 sounds good,thanks for the info. Hopefully you can help with a couple of questions

1. Does the box accept standard Enigma 2 channel lists like Catseyes. VHannibal etc?
    2. Can you install Cool TV EPG or at least something similar to the VIX EPG?
    3. Is it easy to flash images through the USB?
    4. Can it play movies through USB and via another receive like VU+ Duo?

Yes is the answer to all your questions!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!