DM500 needs reflashed regularly

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,315 times. The last Post () by master G.

• having alot of trouble with my dreambox lately, i have flashed few different images. but reverted back to the pli-jade 33 img... anyway problem is my box just freezes up.. then starts blinking on/off, remote wont work on it then,, only way out is reflash it,, pain really.. trouble or problems just seem to follow or find me lately...any help i be over the moon

• is it a genuine original dreambox or clone ? its days could be numbered...
    I would give it a clean reflash as it could be old stuff still lying inside the flash...
    especially if you have reflashed it so often with so many different images.....
    sorry can´t think of anything positive to write but start with a clean reflash.

• hi scoot, caz, its a dreambox 500s, gemini image, works best i think, well it goes the longest without having to reflash it.. but the audio keeps going off or slowing down..

• caz, whats the difference between a clean reflash and flashing a new img to it.. its about year old, ya its clone at 55euro i m sure its a clone..how to tell diff between clone/original.. thanks guys

• original has halogram on bottom + on box ,MAC is particular ,although this can be /has been changed/exploited.
    flash a clean image with everything as 0, in other words all folders/files to f with no plugins,addons,nothing.....
    ¿ have you tried an earlier notimebomb image?? like the 4.20 which seems to be the most popular...
    and just keep everything to minimum as the ram is next to nothing in clones.. when installing a new image, it's always best to select YES to flash erase after install..
    And with telnet you could also give: du /var/* this wil indicate which dir uses the most space.

attached is a clean factory image if you want to try it.. I have never needed/used it so its your decision

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• i would flash erase first then when reflashing the box use pli jade image and it will ask you do you wanna flash erase say yes so it gets flash erased twice i had the same problem you had before with my box until i did this

• hi

one thing I do is using dream up flash erase several time before flashing a new image
    I read that for every image flashed you should flash erase ie flashed 5 different images then flash erase 5 times
    to remove anything left behind by any other image
    hope this may help

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!