looking for a linux box for the bedroom

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,416 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi chaps i'm thinking of buying a linux box for my bedroom i currently have a dm800hd with the rev m tuner downstairs but dont want to spend that much i've read mixed reviews about the TM500 AND THE OPENBOX S9 i think it may be between these two but not sure OK1

• Can't go wrong with the Eagle box mate. It's a dm500 clone and hasn't failed me.
    I'm awaiting delivery of my DM800 and i'll be using the Eagle for a 2nd box upstairs.

• thanks guys funny that i have never known of the dm500 clone being called the eaglebox i did have one before my dm800hd
    does anyone no what the openbox hd is like to use also the tm500 i no the technamate boxes are very reliable

• been following the users reviews of the openbox ,,,it seems to be primarily a client box more than a server/client box.
    .so if you?re only going to use it as a client to the main box then you lose 1 hop down(hop1(with reshare) in dm800 gets to 2nd box as hop2)
    as I say , it?s what I?ve read up to now...

• Official Post

been following the users reviews of the openbox ,,,it seems to be primarily a client box more than a server/client box.
    .so if you?re only going to use it as a client to the main box then you lose 1 hop down(hop1(with reshare) in dm800 gets to 2nd box as hop2)
    as I say , it?s what I?ve read up to now...

This is correct Caz but an extra hop on a local network will not affect your viewing in any way. The only difference is you will not see shares which do not have reshare on the DM800.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!