Dish advice

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 622 times. The last Post () by bmitie.

• Hi all, Im looking at upgrading my Dish, currently using a Triax TD88 and was looking at going for a 1.1 or 1.2 Dish.

Im living in the west of Ireland, Roscommon area and my first question is would the bigger dish make much difference in pulling in weaker sats? Thor 0.8w in particular.

My second question is what dish would be better ?

Im looking at a Triax 110 but I have also seen a unbranded dish 120.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2516009…geName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Would the Triax be better than the branded despite being slightly smaller, or would the 120 be better for size overall?

Thanks all

• The Triax TD110 will possibly out perform that no brand 120cm dish as it does appear to look like a Triax copy, if your looking at a 1.2m dish then the 2 to be looking at are a secondhand Channel master 1.2m or a Gibertini 1.25m both of these will perform far netter than the one you quoted on ebay

• To accompany a good dish it´s always advisable to have a good LNB and cable,,
    I have an inverto ultra black on my 120 dish which pulls in fringe frequencies
    ( my location is supposedly outside RTE fringe footprint freq but it pulls in at 88% snr)
    far better than anything I´ve tried previously..( still can´t get bbc/itv on astra though)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!