Quad plus not finding VM channels

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,046 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• Hi all
    Used Rf which is the top connection but cant tune anything in always comes back no channels found. Tried the bottom connection same thing . Tried autobouquets same thing. The splitter i am using is 1000mhz 4 way i can get a signal through splitter because if i connect my broadband connection to it my wireless router works through it, but i cant find any channels. Problem is the connectors on back are RF so i cant even put my broadband connection into it to see if that way i get any channels.

All these problems occurred when i moved address couldnt get the quad plus to find cable or sky channels or even operate my motor so sent box back was tested and it was fine. I just cant seem to pick any channels up. Also which cable are you guys using i am just using regular sat cable and making sure inner does not touch outer cable and then using RF connector to connect. I am not having any luck at finding channels always comes back no channels found , it doesnt matter what method i use manual scan auto scan or autobouquets always the same no channels.

Desperate for help any help appreciated please.

Thanks
    Eggie

• Hi jensen
    Using same splitter my net ISis 40974 wolverhampton but in walsall finally got it working by converting coax to f connector attacvhing direct vm feed found channels but still ABM not working always Tuner timeout Lock any help on ABM appreciated it. Also finding some channels not receiving full signal most betwen 79% to 99% but some only 31% any idea why thst is .

any help appreciated

Thanks
    Eggie

• i would do a full scan with out using ABM

the problem you may have is you still have the wrong net id

i live in a small town in the northwest,near manchester so i used them, no
    use a wigan one still same no

then in the end it was preston2 that gave me all the channels, preston is 20 miles away

• Official Post

ABM and AB cable uses the headends names. It would be an impossible task to list every town/borough/village. Best to check the official receiver for the netID.

AB cable has an extra facility for pure areas, this is because they only have details for the area.
    AB cable will work while on any active cable channel. ABM must be able to tune to the frequency listed in the provider file.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!