Vu duo2 Very Good Signal But No Picture

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,312 times. The last Post () by jokosat.

• Hi guys,

My Vu duo2 have just stopped working this morning, when i select a channels eg BBC it show blank screen with 70-90 percent signal after 5 minutes it will show on the screen with this message error no data on strnsponder time out reading Pat; how ever i connected my vu ultimo on the same sky cabel and everything is working perfectly well.
    I use the sat finder and the signal are excellent 70-80 percent on the duo2 and when i tried to do a manual scan it returns zero with no channels found. Any help will be appriciated.

• check your cables mate

make sure tuner is setup correct

Turner is set up correctly like i said i installed mmy ultimo and duo in the same place using the same signal cable all working well.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried using the channels data from Ultimo to Duo2? i.e Backup Ultimo ones, transfer to Duo2.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried using the channels data from Ultimo to Duo2? i.e Backup Ultimo ones, transfer to Duo2.

• I had the same problem recently with a dm800se , 100% signal and no picture , first thought was tuner but how could it be ,
    turned out that for some reason the tuner connection where tuner plugs into board has somehow become loose,
    so I wiggled it about till I was getting good reception the tightened it up so it doesnt move again ,and I'm
    not going near it again unless I really have to

• Thanks guys,

I have tried everything above but same problem; I removed the turner in my vu ultimo because its the same turner just to test but it not the turner because the ultimo turner did not work on the box either. I think this box may be faulty did anybody know where i can send it for repair?

• ok , how many cables go to the box 1/2 ? can you test the same cable on vu ultimo , maybe lnb,

can u try put image black hole in satelitte setup you have option remote stream converter setup with ip ultimo put your ultimo on stanby check if u get pictures from turner ultimo.

i just try to make somes elimination , to find the fault ??/

- - - Updated - - -

can you try to make search manuale on one transponder ??/

• I have removed the two turner from the ultimo and put on the duo2 to test but same problem. I have a sky dish that is working well with ultimo but when i connected the duo2 it has same problem. i have eliminated the issues of turner and signal from from the dish, infcat duo2 has 70 to 80 percent signal but no picture like i explaineed in my first post. Am sure something its wrong with the box not sofware problem. seaching manually on transponder returned zero. this is very strange . am sure the box is faulty and if nayone here know where i can send it to as it out of warranty . Thanks

Edited once, last by murphy ().

• unfortunotly my friend ingenier is abroad no comeback before 2 months now ? sorry i don't know another one , have u try as sponsor ,do this box styill in garanty ? sorry my spelling english

My warranty is out the box is over two years but i will try and take the to the shop where i bought it from and see if they can help. I have spend over 24 hrs trying to figure out what is wrong with this box. I give up at this point. Thanks for your help.

• you can try any tv repair in u your town maybe ,to be honest have strong signal and no dowloading chanels ?? just for play try on astra19.est setup in u box ?/?????? i know somes tp are the same

- - - Updated - - -

ok i contact my friend repair by skype this is replay

[14:17:09] Dave Camp: Now that is an odd fault... I´ve never met anything quite like that myself. My best guess would be to reflash the bootloader (the bootloader not only controlls the way the hardware is initialised at power up but how the tuners are activated) you should be able to flash just the cfe file without the full image. If it is a genuine Solo2 also try a fully supported image like OpenATV and run the online update to obtain the latest drivers
    [14:17:24] Dave Camp: But only if truly genuine

• I have just tried the above with no joy. thanks for your help and let me know if is possible to send the box to him.

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!