Vu+ Duo CrossEPG problem

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 945 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• I have updated to the latest OpenVix image on my Vu+Duo and am experiencing problems with CrossEPG. I am doing an ABM update each night, followed by a CrossEPG download. The files are being written to my HDD (I did try a SanDisk Cruiser Blade USB but the same result). It seems to work ok for a while, then I check the EPG to find I only have a couple of days. Sometimes on a morning, when I switch on the CrossEPG downloader is frozen on the screen and I have to reboot the box.

• Is there a conflict between the times you have set for updating ABM & cross epg??? are you trying to do both at the same time??

Also you could try updating ABM once a week rather than everyday, see if this helps resolve the issue.....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Thanks for your reply. No, the ABM runs a full hour before the EPG. Will change the ABM times to see if it helps.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet it's the RAM issue. I've just set up a new Vu+Solo box for a friend and it works perfectly. could you point me to a tutorial for the swap file please? Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Just found the tutorial on creating a swap file. It was on another CrossEPG problem thread. Think it may be beyond my capabilities!

• I created and activated a swap file but the CrossEPG didn't work last night. The epg's were completely empty, even though I had run it manually during the day. Does the swap file need to be a particular size?

• I created and activated a swap file but the CrossEPG didn't work last night. The epg's were completely empty, even though I had run it manually during the day. Does the swap file need to be a particular size?

There should have been an option to choose which size of swap file you wanted to create.... where are you storing the crossepg data too? have you mounted a usb stick and directed the crossepg setting to save the data there?

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!