How do I change the default network port for network streaming?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,845 times. The last Post () by joeuser.

• As the title says I'm wondering if their is a way to change the default port from :80 to something else so I can stream videos to my laptop while I'm at work.

Cheers

Thim

• As the title says I'm wondering if their is a way to change the default port from :80 to something else so I can stream videos to my laptop while I'm at work.

Cheers

Thim

HI ..

can you give us some more info about ?

do you want stream from your box to pc ?
    ..or it's a problem about your laptop ?

if not i cant understand what is the problem ...streaming not require a dedicated port if you mean how to watch some stream on a pc ..

thx

regards !

• Sure, I can stream to anything on my home network just fine but I am unable to stream over the net.

I have found the option to move to default web interface and streaming port from :80 to the port i want to use (so i can set up port forwarding on my router) but I am unable to find how to change the port that is used to authenticate/login (still using :80)

Port 80 is already being forwarded to a different machine on my home network, hence my need to change it.

Cheers

• I need to find the config files for the streaming services as I can't use port 80 (it's already being used for web services on another pc)

I have found the option on the vu+ box to change the streaming port but authentication is still done on port 80 which is being forwarded to my web server.

• I will make a tut of how to tomorrow about streaming with vlc from vu+ uno to outside networks with pix ;)
    Correction : after reading ALL your posts ,i now realise that you want to use authenticate the entrance for the streaming directly from the vu+.¿?
    I´m afraid to say that I haven´t found a way to do this either :(
    But running vlc in the vu you could edit to another port :

If you do find a way ,please let us know :)

• Hi
    Easiest way is to setup a incoming VPN on the home network, then connect to that with the outside PC and everything acts like you're inside the home network.... ��

While that may be easiest to use, it is certainly not the easiest to setup and you are quite likely to have performance issues trying to stream through a VPN...
    (But it does add more security if your system/internet connection can handle it.)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!