flash memory 99% in use. !

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,405 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi
    I've got problem with my Uno . I have installed BH 1.7.0 image and no extra skin . It runs Well , but couldn't install any thing because my flash. memory is 99% in use !! I've tried to un-install some plugins but nothing helps to reduce this huge memory lost .
    I have a 250 gb hd .
    Have I done something wrong ? And what to do to Keep the memory low ?
    Can someone PLEASE help me ? I'm a newbie to linux ...

• Hi
    I've got problem with my Uno . I have installed BH 1.7.0 image and no extra skin . It runs Well , but couldn't install any thing because my flash. memory is 99% in use !! I've tried to un-install some plugins but nothing helps to reduce this huge memory lost .
    I have a 250 gb hd .
    Have I done something wrong ? And what to do to Keep the memory low ?
    Can someone PLEASE help me ? I'm a newbie to linux ...

Is it flash or ram at 99%?

If its flash and you've installed nothing else, its an issue with your image and I'd recommend upgrading to 1.7.2

if its ram, don't worry...most of it is being reserved ready for use rather than being used and you're in trouble if you do anything :)

• Hi
    it's the flash memory I can't install any plugins ,I've get an message : because my flash memory is 99% . will try to install BH 1.7.2 tomorrow .

I have installed some plugins like TS Panel and a couple of others .
    Thx m8

• Hi
    it's the flash memory I can't install any plugins ,I've get an message : because my flash memory is 99% . will try to install BH 1.7.2 tomorrow .

I have installed some plugins like TS Panel and a couple of others .
    Thx m8

I've had this before where the image has been faulty for whatever reason....just make sure you aren't filling your flash with picons!

• I had a similar problem with the 1.7.0 which went up to 76% and not recognising the real total amount of mbs..
    anotehr thing is if you are recording to hdd this will shoot up the ram usage but not flash...
    swapfile is to swap files over (onto a usb or hdd depending how you have it mapped )when the box has little space left,I always use it as a precaution setting it to 256mbs,,, look at the pix in my backups ;)
    make sure you do a personal backup with configs etc before you change image otherwise you´ll be starting from scratch all over again and i know how long that takes to get things together,install ,reboot,install,reboot,,,,lol
    another little suggestion : ¡why dont you try out a backup either full or personal :
    Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall or Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall
    and then let us know how you get on..

• I've had this before where the image has been faulty for whatever reason....just make sure you aren't filling your flash with picons!

It could be the picons , how do I check if the picons are the reason ? Is it possible to I find out which files are in the flash memory ?
    I have contact with my Uno thru my android phone , and can transfer and edit files with my mobile phone , but not the flash memory ! With the older version of BH 1.6.7 I had changed the path for the picons to my hdd .

• first ->blue x 2 -> devices manager-> format the usb then mount->left/right arrows to map (show the way ) until you see /media/hdd
    ( in my case with a usb is /media/usb .. then -> red to save _ come back out to bh e2 settings ->below devices manager is swap file settings (here different colours for options)activate then reboot system and thats´s it!!

• hi,
    sorry if i am wrong.Becareful if you formate the usb in box and reboot then mostly box will hang on start up so its always better to formate usb in fat32 then on computer then mount with out formating.i gess you are using hdd also.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!