Sound output best choice?

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 486 times. The last Post () by clanser.

• My Icecrypt has :

RCA CVBS Video Output, Audio L, R Output
    Audio Digital Coaxial and Optical (S/PDIF)
    HDMI Video & Audio Output

My surround sound has all of these connectors, do you think any are better than straight HDMI ?
    TBH I'm not sure I can isolate the RCA L/R for output, but I was just wondering what people thought.

• I think it depends what you like and what sounds better with your own ears. The source from what you are getting the signal from,ie, internet or satellite and if in HD or SD have a lot to do with it too. I find generally the HDMI is fine for most, but I also have S/PDIF on aonther sat box [two sat boxes and two internet ones]which works well with moviies in HD pushing out 5.1. although you have to look and see if they are pushing 5.1 not regular stereo as most do.My AMP is a Yamaha av recieiver and pioneer speakers surround with sub wooferand loads of cimema settings to suit your taste. It,s what amp you have and speakers that makes the sound,the more expensive the better or what you can afford !

• Thanks for the reply cymbal I think I'll test them see how they sound, the box puts out Dolby digital SPIF might be better and reading up on it I think RCA would only produce stereo, but not totally sure.

• RCA analogue connectors are a waste of time as previously stated here.

Co ax and optical are the same digital stream with sends all available audio channels to a surround sound home theatre amp.

It is only the way the signal is sent to the home theatre amp that differs between these two, ie co ax is via a physical cable and optical via an optical (light) link

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!