VU Duo2 Damaged by lightening through ethernet

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 741 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hi All

My duo 2 has been damaged when the telephone line must have been hit by lightening, it blew my router and homeplugs also

The vu is powering on but just shows the screen on the left and the expectations writing stays on the right display of the box

I've tried to reflash the box but its having none of it

Is there anything that can be done ?

• Hi

Thanks for the reply

It seems to be the surge was through the phone line, only things connected to the phone line are damaged

Ill take a look to see if anything obvious is damaged

• Same thing happened my brothers Vu Uno a few years back.
    Router and Tv also got fried (all connected to phone-line through router)
    With the excess on brothers home insurance policy, it wasn't worth putting in a claim
    Nothing looked obviously fried on either the Tv or Uno. (only red power led on both the Uno and Tv and no response from either although the power boards on both were delivering voltages to the system boards)
    A new motherboard (from world of satellite) sorted the Uno and managed to get a second hand system board for the TV from flea-bay (Both boards costs were less than the insurance excess but I took a gamble that they were the issue)
    I feel your pain

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!