flashing a new image

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 975 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hi folks sorry for starting another thread on this but couldn't find the old one. On the solo2 4k with vix image I
    have been trying to install a new image without success and now the box wont boot up at all,i downloaded the
    latest image vix 012 and put it on a usb stick formatted to fat 32 and followed the guide on how to flash. Can
    someone tell me how many files should be in the Vuplus folder, I have 5 is that correct? I insert the stick at the
    front and switch on from the rear andwait but no prompt to press the button on the front instead the box will
    try to boot and I get the message receiver encountered a software problem, any help appreciated thanks.

• Yes if tried 3 but I'll try a few more and see if that helps thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Right I've now tried 5 USB drives and still the same outcome although once it went as far as not
    downloading rootfs it just stopped doing anything. When I open the vu plus folder there are 5 folders
    and one zipped folder which is the rootfs.tar, does that seem right.

• Yes if tried 3 but I'll try a few more and see if that helps thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Right I've now tried 5 USB drives and still the same outcome although once it went as far as not
    downloading rootfs it just stopped doing anything. When I open the vu plus folder there are 5 folders
    and one zipped folder which is the rootfs.tar, does that seem right.

When you extract the main folder named "vuplus" from the zip file inside this is another folder named "solo4k" and this folder should contain 6 files in total one of them being a zip file.....

I would try one more time with the file i have attached for you bud, just extract the vuplus folder from it and then copy this whole folder over to your usb stick to flash the solo4k with.... if that does not work then try to install build 011, for all we know there is a problem with build 012 not flashing... if someone could confirm it's working ok that would be a big help.

Remember no other usb devices should be connected to the solo4k when flashing it.... just the usb stick you are using to carry this out.

• Thanks McKee it was the solo4k folder I was putting on the stick. I
    installed the 012 flash on the solo2 last night via image manager.
    I will try this image you sent me and get back to you.

In fact I tried both options.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi McKee,I have finally got the image you sent installed and all is ok now except I'm
    getting no stuff from my server except FTA. Thanks for your help.

Everything working 100% now, thanks again McKee. What would we do without you's.

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!