Fault Finding Help

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 921 times. The last Post () by tooty89.

• I'm using the wetek play with the latest pbnigma image. I'm only finding about 200 channels when i scan and Auto Bouquet Maker isn't getting a lock on its transponder.
    However if I do a blind scan on the wetek's own TV player it will find about 700 channels but the frequencies don't tie up with what they should do when I look at the lists online. I've updated the satellite.xml file to no avail.
    Also I've tried it on another satellite at my parents and it picks up the channels easily, about 800+.

The only problem is I'm in a block of flats using a communal satellite. Ive emailed the building managers to see if they can send someone out to check the satellite as I think it needs realigning. Am I sending them down the right path or is there any other solutions I can explore.

Thanks for any advice http://linuxsat-support.com/images/icons/Smile.gif.png

it will find about 700 channels but the frequencies don't tie up with what they should do

Sounds like it´s locked onto a different sat...
    if you still have the list saved from your parents´dish, then try opening the FTA channels when back at yours..

• Thanks for the replies, the housing management are sending someone out in but haven't got a date yet. Would a faulty lnb also cause the problems i'm having? When i got he box back in January it was never perfect but used to pick up more channels than it does now from the xml file and would populate a bouquet from ABM. I just used to manually add the missing channels using the frequencies for the channels that I'd found using blind scan in the weteks own software. But this is impractical now.

Also I plugged the receiver after scanning at my parents it would display 0% snr for a lot of channels. Most channels it picks up now are the sky HD channels which are obviously no use.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!