DM500s - Dead Box?

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,480 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hey guys, just need some support, i have 2 dreamboxes and both run perfect... now i've just gained a 3rd box for basically nothing, but is it toally dead?

I havent got the box yet, just waiting for it to be shipped...

From the information i have gained from the seller, the box powers up (green led) but no dispay... Do you think a reflash will fix it, and what about trying the aux? i allways use the scart, but have you heard of scarts going faulty?

Well i look forward to your responses,

• Connect up the box, see if you can get a ip address. Have a look at your router settings, and look at attached devices, if you find it there you can try and flash a good pli image via flashwizzard pro don't use a backup image(not recommended this way).
    If that doesn't work out give it a go with dreamup.

Good luck

• Yes if your happy with that, but if you can get it to flash via flashwizzard pro, it takes about 45seconds.
    Just quicker thats all, if you can obtain a ip addy.

• dreamup is slower which is not as easy to corrupt in the passing,that said doesn´t mean that it can´t corrupt..
    ¿ did the seller give you any other info about the box? as you mention scart,but havent written why..
    ¿give us more info about the box ¿ clone or original?
    what did the seller try out? did he/she ever have it working?
    the more info you give ,the more ideas we can come up with..

• From what hes told me, he has not tried any repairs, just simply plugged in and tested (the results are green led comes on, but no picture via scart, aux untested)... think it might be a return he got from a customer of his.

Because i have not recieved the box yet, im unsure if its a clone... its the old grey dm500s... not the new black version.

• you´ll know if its a clone if theres no hologram on it.. I wouldnt go by the MAC as they can be changed..
    blackscreen can simply mean just about anything,,¿including fta channels?
    when you get your hands on it you´ll probably find the problem and solution straight away--keep us posted and let us know how you get on ;)

• ok guys, box arrived today.... looks well used, green light comes on but no output to tv and remote doesnt respond.

tried dreamup and when i connect power to the box, in the log i get the box type DM500, but does not go any further....

• try and flash with original image flash then an open pli one this happened to me before with a box i think the oringinal was something like rti i use not sure just seach for dm500 rti original image

• but the flash button, in dreamup does not light up to flash, and box does not show on my network... even tho the port light on the router flashes

• first try unplugging it when dreamup tells you to...¿ have you tried pinging the box from your pc in cmd to find ip??
    another way is try tens way to copy HERE
    if none of this works then it prob needs jtagging......which is another story altogether..

• best way is to open DCC and do a full search OR go into your router and see all the IPs connected (make sure the box is connected via lan rj45)
    But all these methods will only work if htere is a nimage on the box ,if there isn´t then you need to force on on by the previous methods...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!