Major firmware update to latest SDK

There are 23 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,463 times. The last Post () by TH3-J0K3R.

• This is full version with latest SDK.
    https://drive.google.com/open?…FkgOrLKTAkOXl4OXlGcXRSbTg

We only released full version SW to avoid DB conflict.

After checking your SW version, you can upgrade SW on 2 ways.
    df09b9da60a40627cd.jpg
    1.check Baseband version (058 or 063)
    last strings are version number.
    if you have 063, you must download latest SW from above link and upgrade SW by USB.
    if you have 058, then you can upgrade latest SW by Network upgrade function.

mainly updated list.
    1. System stability(less rebooting issue)
    2. Support normal Android Launchers.
    ==> To go EonTV app, you can use TV/Radio button on RCU.
    Other launchers.
    UgoosLauncher : http://smartstb.net/Quad/Firmw…722/UgoosLauncher_1.3.apk
    Minix Launcher : http://smartstb.net/Quad/Firmw…/20160722/MINIX_METRO.apk
    you can install your favorite Launcher to box and use your Launcher and Eon TV apps(Launcher).

3.Final U4 Channel Edit
    U4_ChannelEdit: http://smartstb.net/Quad/Firmw…160722/U4_ChannelEdit.exe
    7z program : http://smartstb.net/Quad/Firmware/U4Quad/20160722/7z920.exe
    U4 channelEdit Manual : http://smartstb.net/Quad/Firmw…U4_ChannelEdit_manual.pdf

• anyone tested this with teh root i posted ?

do we need to do this update to be able to use E2 convert ?
    is there a known way to downgrade back down without recovery ?

just asking as i kinda need root privilege's to be able to build a 1 image backup :)
    runs sweet so far just a bit tinkering to do but would pref someone could test who is willing or support staff can post a way to
    come fully back and what needs backed up ect ect then ill bounce on and install ect ect :) but as far as i am aware i can ue 9or 6th jun thats posted yo be able to update the e2 convert
    so what else also is given by the above update ?

is there a guide popsted opn how to network update on here ? if not link me to the page its stored in ill knock up a guide :)

mucho as always

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• Works fine with the root patch as the last one firmware don't try to update binaries...if you do that the root stops working...but if you don't update binaries the root should must work fine.

have you found a full backup utility to ve able to do a full system vbackup sop 1 file back up all system , used holoackup on mars and after upating busybox in few others
    it would conect but i forgot the dev passord so i need to reflash that anfd sort l8r lol , but i have been using the Q4 and find it much better to maintain for the DVB side
    notice own launchers are avial thats great as tbh i find its better to boot into KODI , still to play about and see if we can get kodi to pick up the tvheadend within its pvr
    but i am still on 16.1 as i update on frst play about lolz :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• No, this is still old firmware. Please check the date, May 12th is old version. New version is July.

I used the upgraded through USB and I used this
    - https://drive.google.com/open?…FkgOrLKTAkOXl4OXlGcXRSbTg

---edit--

i had to load firmware through holding reset button, i got jul firmware now

- - - Updated - - -

hi i am sorry to say that this firmware has too many bugs

- when using an iptv app like perfect player, if the stream does not work, it shuts down the entire app
    - box constantly reboots by itself every 2min after loading some apks that was working perfectly on previous firmware
    - after the random reboot, all my applications and installed apk's got unstalled and ugooslauncher was removed

going back to previous firmware

• has it beeded in yet ?
    since last update ?
    if not have you tryd to go BacK to older FW ?

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• this firmware has too many bugs, unusable, i had to go back to may 12 firmware

o

kk ill not bother updating from june 6th firmware ,
    did l8st firmware allow toy to us
    e a E2 list ?

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• Hi There, it looks like a incomplete update. If you could try update again, it might solve all these problems.

- - - Updated - - -

o

kk ill not bother updating from june 6th firmware ,
    did l8st firmware allow toy to us
    e a E2 list ?

Yes. It is possible to do E2 but the favorites are not there.

• - - - Updated - - -

Yes. It is possible to do E2 but the favorites are not there.

meaning ? that channels are in order of list sent but fav's are not loaded so there just in 1 file in order or is it just still muddled everywhere ?

whats the issue with the fav's not been imported ? is there a limit to how many favs we can use or channels that can be stored ?
    what your FTP client ROOT user and pass if you have one and location of stored data the TVH data is been stored to ?
    so i can see if poss my wetek files fpr TVH can be used and or if a E2 list tyats only so many FAV'S can be used either to
    there is a E2 to TVH convertor for openelec+wetek HERE
    that i use on wetek within openelec/libreelec not the same platform i know but may be useful in getting a something to help convert to data that TVH can use nah ? if we knew the issues that wont let it stick just now i know that we should be able to drag in drop folders from any TVH device and use within PC/WETEK environment same as VDR as i have done this so hopefully we can use same within Q4 but if tyhere is limitations of what can be saved fav's / channels then i wuld need to know this and obv location of saved data :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

Edited once, last by Honcho ().

• If the E2 db contains Fav, the Favs will not be imported. Only the main list will be loaded.

It would not be possible to use the Wetek db even if they are from TVH. The db structure we use is a bit complicated.

can you use the app i gave yah above ,and work on that to convert the E2 to your kinda database as separate app if it was decompiled
    and merged with the database you use ? i dont know the database you se and how its diff from wetek either that or can we get a VDR PVR
    to be used on the Q4 platform as that database is defo the same across platforms ! i know its not as versatile as TVH but it is the ORG pvr system and
    very very univeral for how the FAV lista are used and very multi-platform ;) may be a way to get a easy to use fav list as there is a online convertor from E2
    that can be used across platforms as its Utilizes a channel.conf file and thats very universal :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• I updated via bootup method and holding button down below box, is that the correct metod? or should i try update through menu normally

• I updated via bootup method and holding button down below box, is that the correct metod? or should i try update through menu normally

try the methods given on his post , it gives two ways depending on your FW installed does it not ?
    havce you followed the install instructions depending on your FIRMWARE INSTALLED ?

1.check Baseband version (058 or 063)
    last strings are version number.
    if you have 063, you must download latest SW from above link and upgrade SW by USB.
    if you have 058, then you can upgrade latest SW by Network upgrade function.

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

Edited once, last by Honcho ().

• try the methods given on his post , it gives two ways depending on your FW installed does it not ?
    havce you followed the install instructions depending on your FIRMWARE INSTALLED ?

yes i have 063, so i did via usb

but usb has 2 methods , u can do it through menu, or loda the update.zip on usb and boot up device while usb is in device and hold white button below

• yes i have 063, so i did via usb

but usb has 2 methods , u can do it through menu, or loda the update.zip on usb and boot up device while usb is in device and hold white button below

so 20 mins for yah to check then nah ? just back up yer settings for droid and kodi nah ?

updating mine the now will let yah know how i get on easy 58 here lol

update

installed via network update and now kodi is gone no kodi installed after install and also reboot :)

the joys :)

so if yah wanna post the kodi yah have used please [MENTION=254912]u4_support[/MENTION] would be helpfull as i much pref kodi for my system :)
    followed the network update to get here kodi would not activate PVR so i factory reset andthis is where i am

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

Edited 3 times, last by Honcho ().

• We are toying with the BETA firmware is six months. July 22 is the Beta firmware for me.
    channel sorting, channel moving channel, channel editor all a complete disgrace.
    I not take a more android receiver .

• We are toying with the BETA firmware is six months. July 22 is the Beta firmware for me.
    channel sorting, channel moving channel, channel editor all a complete disgrace.
    I not take a more android receiver .

the editor could be better but the system works well within kodi you can jst list it A-Z and navigate easily enough tbh ,
    ive still to reflash the system as ive lost my kodi but im sure ill get a working FAV list to by manual edit to just a pain in the arse
    really, good first post though but i would suggest you keep your TROLLING to the smartstb site :P
    as hey if yah not got anything good to say then just dont say it :) aint helping matters is it :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!