WETEK PLAY 2 pre order open

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,851 times. The last Post () by 1999gtv.

• Official Post

I am waiting for a few things....

1. I hope the RCU issue has been fixed
    2. Is there going to be a cheaper openelec version ?
    3. Is it going to be half price for fathers day ?
    4. Is there any E2 teams that are going to build images ??

Otherwise i am not interested lol

• its not the play2s either as that had a microsata slot for hdd nah ?

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• dont think so nope preety sure wetekplay play 2 and play 2s are all duel tuners tbh ;)
    just not FBC tuners but realistically they should be looking at this in anyones eyes even as a addon buy separate upgrade

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• how about oscam without stream relay??

Thanks

would assume the same ones for play will work there is not much change here bar ram & nand size

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• Won't be ordering one of these at present as I cannot see any significant improvements in this model. Tuner options seem to be as bad if not worse than the play1 and I have been most disappointed with Weteks current android offering, especially the theatre app with its poor epg and next to useless channel editor. The insistence of blaming each and every fault on driver issues by the mods on wetek forum whichever o/s you use on the current version of the play is hardly encouraging when the new models are also to be based on amlogic chips, BTW Wetek having half decent support is no substitute for a proper working o/s. I want to use it not keep fixing it

• Won't be ordering one of these at present as I cannot see any significant improvements in this model. Tuner options seem to be as bad if not worse than the play1 and I have been most disappointed with Weteks current android offering, especially the theatre app with its poor epg and next to useless channel editor. The insistence of blaming each and every fault on driver issues by the mods on wetek forum whichever o/s you use on the current version of the play is hardly encouraging when the new models are also to be based on amlogic chips, BTW Wetek having half decent support is no substitute for a proper working o/s. I want to use it not keep fixing it

I concur, looking to dispose if my wetek play and go for a proper E2 STB that can handle IPTV.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• can do anything i want to on wetekplay1 tbh , tuner options been crap can only assume because no duel tunner ie dvb-s & dvb-c on same duel tuner or not having FBC tuners is nly thing i can imagine what 1999gtv
    means as for platforms they work well enough tbh and as for droid epg well hey there all the same on droid tbh to :) the costings of the play2 are possible enough reason to upgrade as your doubling ram processor and rom for pretty much the same price really

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• What I mean is they won't see 109 euro plus postage from me for another single tuner stb which offers a bit faster processor and larger rom as I have no confidence in the ability of Wetek to provide the drivers and fix any issues that arise once you have purchased it. The track record so far does not fill me with confidence with many of the issues people have had since day one still not fixed. Dvb-s users like me seem to be far better off than the people who use Dvb-c/t tuners. If I did not already own a Play1 and was in the market for a reasonably priced stb I would possibly buy the play2, but I cannot justify paying an extra 100+ euros for a bit of extra processing power and memory. I think I will stick with my buggy Play 1 until the Play 2s comes on the scene at least I know how to deal with the Play 1 and its issues

• i dont have a DVB-C tuner for mine tbh so cant really comment but i am sure its ok from what i have read within libreelec forum
    but i would rather see FBC tunners than a dvb-s & -c hybrid i cant grumble really much about what i use wetek play for really its E2 system for me is used to just generate the files required to cinvert to libreelec format
    droid side just to play retro games like snes ps1 megadrive ect ect , but even that looks like it will patched when the l8st libreelec krypton is finnished as its got retroemu built in , but do hear what yah saying tough
    still just dont get why they need so many versions when they could have finished at least one product one O/S fully first , but hey it still works well enough for me wont be buying the above new product but will probs buy the next plays2 that spec ive seen already as it can hold a microsata hdd

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• Play 2 as well bring 4K UHD for DVB :)

not much availin 4k really well not enough to squeeze a new Led 60" oota me anyway lol so not a pull for many yet ;)

whars the ETA onPLAY2s

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!